“Up-Up-&-Away”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Had a nice flight from Pittsburgh to Eugene for the most part. The CRJ700 planes just don't make it. The overhead bins are ok if you have everything packed in a matchbox. Once you get out of those things life is much better. Had a good flight with nothing worth remembering. Planes were on time, staff courteous, baggage fees were reasonable.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,340)

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I enjoyed a 2 hour flight recently on a nice Embraer 175 jet. Very comfortable flying. cabin temperature was just right.The flight attendants were attentive and professional. The flight took off and arrived on time and the receiving at the gate was quick.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My son and I booked a trip to NYC for a few days. We boarded our plane in GNV on time and were ready to go. Then it all went down hill. The plane never left the airport. Due to wether in Charlotte it was announced all flights to Charlotte were grounded until further notice. After waiting an hour and a half on the tarmac we were taxied back to the terminal to deplane. In order to get to NYC that night I had to run to the delta counter and book a flight through Atlanta with in moments of it leaving GNV. It cost an additional 400$ but we made it to NYC that night. Meanwhile, American sent an alert via email that due to the GNV flight being grounded I was rebooked through Miami (not anywhere near GNV) the next day and that I would arrive in NYC the following afternoon..no thanks. So even though I had to by tickets on another airline, with existing tickets on American, we made it to NYC in time for our planned event. ...then came the return flight. Got to JFK on time boarded our flight to Charlotte with a connection to GNV. We all boarded on time and we're sitting on the plane. Then came the announcement. Someone had over fill d the plane with an additional 6000lbs of gas and we could not leave until a truck arrived to suck the gas back off. First truck that arrived had a faulty valve and didn't work. Had to wait for a second truck. An hour and a half later we finally landed in charlotte. However, we missed our GNV connector. To add insult to injury.. the rude and snotty young man at the AA help fest had to joke "at least they over filled it not under filled it." Not helpful AT ALL dude!! This entire trip was bad from the get go. I spent an exorbitant amount of money for upgraded seats I never got, tickets for flights I never was on, and additional money for delta tickets which were the only competent experience I endured this whole trip. Because of the 6000lbs of additional fuel I never even arrived on GNV. I had to be rerouted to Jacksonville where fortunately family could drive an hour and a half to pick us up. An absolute nightmare that I hope I never have to relive!! Expensive and frustrating beyond belief!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I presented my disabled registration certificate to the airlines staff and they allowed me to pre-board which was wonderful. I always fly American Airlines and have never had a problem. I enjoy flying American!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We missed our first day of vacation because of cancelled and rebooking of flight. Arrived home with kids after midnight because of canceled delayed flight I am an advantage member as well. Staff was rude in dca.

US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.