“A travel nightmare and unkept promises”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 28 September 2022

I recently had my first flight with allegiant, going from Sanford to Cincinnati. My flight was to leave at 4:30pm on a Sunday and started being delayed more and more until finally around 7pm we were told our flight was delayed until 7:30am the next day. we were promised hotel accommodations and a $200 visa gift card to cover Uber and food costs as well as the option to be reimbursed by submitting receipts. After 3 hours of waiting we were given a voucher for a hotel and told that there was no transportation so we would have to Uber and be back to the airport at 4:30am to check in again. My group and I ended up having to spend much unbudgeted money on Ubers as well as the meals from wherever happened to still be open as by the time we got to our hotel it was 10:30pm on a Sunday night. When we got home we reached out about getting either reimbursed for the costs of the Uber and food as promised or otherwise given the also promised gift card. Allegiant wrote back to us saying that whey would not be giving us any financial reimbursement and would only give us a voucher for $100 towards another flight. Not only did they lie about reimbursing us but now they want us to fly again so they can make more money off of us. I will advocate that anyone looking to fly choose another airline.

Reviewed 28 September 2022

Cancelled $370 flight because of hurricane Ian and since it was outside of the one week cancellation limit I got back only $99.
So I either should have known hurricane Ian better that the weather channels or wait until Allegiant possibly cancels the flight themselves.
I thought a category 4 hurricane is good enough reason but apparently not for Allegiant.
So they make pretty good money on hurricanes and on people's misery I guess...

Reviewed 22 September 2022

I really like Allegiant and this is my #1 choice Orlando to Knoxville. Direct flight. Much better on time performance than American. One negative is the gate agent handled every phone when boarding passengers. Did one of the 100 people ahead of me have an illness? HELLO!

1  Thank B5323TLfrankk
Reviewed 22 September 2022

Allegiant is the worst. I’m sitting in the airport with a 3 hour delay and no explanation. I asked for a refund and they gave me a customer service # with a 90 minute wait. Now they oversold the carryon luggage and need 40 volunteers to check luggage. They suck.

Reviewed 22 September 2022

Our flight was cancelled, which is totally fine—that happens! However, how they handled it was TERRIBLE for the following reasons:

1) The gate workers were blatantly laughing about the situation in front of us. Extremely unprofessional and unsettling.
2) When I asked questions to the gate workers, they gave sassy answers and were, in my opinion, disrespectful. Perhaps it was because I am a younger customer (23).
3) They were untruthful several times. The most flagrant was when the flight was cancelled at around 10pm they said we would receive an email in the morning about when the flight would leave. THEY NEVER SENT ANYTHING. We had no idea what time the flight was leaving until we looked it up for ourselves in the app. I woke up at 4am waiting for the email but it never came.
4) They lowered our compensation for no reason. Allegiant was generous and gifted each traveler a certain amount of money for future flights. Then as soon as we left, Allegiant lowered the money we received by $50 and did not provide a reason for why. Ridiculous.

Flight details: Provo to Mesa
original depart time: 8:14pm
original depart date: September 22, 2022

*The complaints only apply to the gate workers on 9/22, but the gate workers the next day were fantastic.

Date of travel: September 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.