“Worst airline I have ever used.”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 13 August 2022

Absolutely worst airline, and that is saying something when I have had to fly US Airways a couple times. Flight out was delayed due to complete incompetence of ground crew. Returning flight was canceled last minute leaving us stranded with no flight for several days. The cheap prices don’t end up being cheap when they routinely screw over their passengers with last minute cancellations, forcing you to wait for days for another flight, or pay out your nose for a last minute flight on another airline. Stay far away. I hope this joke of an airline goes out of business so we can get a better option out of Provo.

3  Thank A7919YSjustinl
Write a reviewReviews (10,891)

Reviewed 12 August 2022

Very rude employees. In Florida, they asked for volunteers to check their bags under the aircraft because there were "too many carry-ons." I didn't think much of that, but now I'm thinking, "Hey! I paid extra to be able to carry on and avoid baggage claim!" At the time, I was just being agreeable. They assured us we would not go to baggage claim to get our bags back. After exiting the aircraft, there was no sign of the bags. While trying to ask where my bag was, I was interrupted 3 times, with the lady's tone starting off rude and ending downright nasty. Allegiant doesn't deserve my money.

1  Thank maryo607646
Reviewed 12 August 2022

If you want a horrible experience, go ahead & fly with this airline. MSP in MN has Allegiant & only staffs a couple people. Therefore, when their email tells you to arrive 3 hours before your flight, EVEN if it's delayed- don't do it. It says still arrive regular scheduled time in case of changes again, but there is NO staff at the counter to allow you to enter airport security. No staff to check bags til right before flight, then it's wait in 1 mile long line for security. Then wait 1 whole hour on the plane for head count to be correct! Without any apology- 5 people counting by NAME & for 1 extra hour. Finally flight departs & they don't have cover for you to walk the long walk to get to your luggage pick up. If you don't have anything better to do & just really enjoy spending 10 hours at the airport w incompetent staff, this airline is for you.

2  Thank 31aprils
Reviewed 12 August 2022

Forgot to add our pet to our itenerary. Holding for 2 hrs 45 minutes . Finally for the most unhelpful and unprofessional person on the phone . She tells me
To hold again and starts me through the whole
Process again and was told another two plus hours of hold time . This airline needs to replaced . I love the direct flight to John Wayne but by far the worse customer service on the ground and on the phone . Unfortunately no one makes this direct flight from idaho falls .these people have to have a governing body and I wish knew how to file a formal complaint on them

1  Thank zahee2022
Reviewed 11 August 2022

Flying with Allegiant is a big risk, a gamble. Do not have plans for that day at all, I had 7am flight and had to be at my location by 6 pm or I’ll be sleeping on the road until the following day and this is exactly what happened. I missed my ride home due to this stupidity now I have to book a hotel last minute and pay extra cash which I don’t have all because Allegiant don’t care much. We had a 9 - 10 hours delay and all they could offer for food was $8 and water, how insulting. It was a lot to take in but to make it worst the receptionist ran my card twice for my baggage and even after I told her it look like it went through she said it didn’t and ran it again and double charged me. I brought this back to their attention and she said I would have to call to get my money back, then when the time came for boarding the plane. We were told all crew is now available expect for the pilot so we had to wait a few more minutes, the most frustrating and most awful experience ever. A 6:45 am flight changed to 5:30 pm and this is the second time flying with Allegiant first experience was just as bad but the delay wasn’t this bad and the gimmicks keep coming. I would definitely recommend going somewhere else if you have the choice this airline is beyond atrocious and calling customer service is 3 hours plus to maybe get my money which I have been trying to for over 8 hours no answer.

2  Thank khenoc
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.