“It's Cheap, but you get what you pay for.”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 31 May 2022

My family is separated by several states and so frequent travel is necessary. Allegiant Air is a convenient and affordable option. By booking in advance, ticket prices are very low. I've often wondered how an airline could profit from such prices. If your plans change or if something comes up to modify your trip, you might as well kiss the money goodbye that you paid for your tickets. Allegiant is not at all interested in working with you. If you need to check a bag or a carry on, your budget will take a hit. If you wish to sit next to your travel partner, be ready to open your wallet. Allegiant knows that a substantial number of customers will sacrifice their money due to unforeseen circumstances. I don't get upset with Allegiant, I just know that this is their business plan and that the cheap fares that I expect are supplemented by those paying customers who for whatever reason, miss their flight. I would rate Allegiant above American Airlines but below Southwest and Delta. But for the lowest cost to travel if everything goes right and you have no bags or special seating preferences, Allegiant is tops.

Date of travel: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (10,857)

Reviewed 31 May 2022

We waited in airport for 7 hours as flight continually got delayed an hour. Finally at 11 at night they cancelled. They do not rebook you on another flight. They just say it is your issue. To make matters worst. My whole family crossed the Canadian Border and with Covid restrictions at the time we could not go back to Canada. The worst part of the experience was they said they would refund the credit card in 14 days. They never did. You can not get anyone on the phone. Would stay on hold for three hours at a time and they would just hang up on you. Sent e-mails with no response. This was $2,300 of flights. Finally made a complaint with Visa and they gave me a refund. But they had to file a complaint with the company.

Date of travel: March 2022
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 30 May 2022

Don’t do this!!! Don’t ever fly with Allegiant these people are a SCAM.

My fiancé and I came to visit my family in Lexington first time, we both work full time and Allegiant bumped us and one other passenger. The flight was scheduled to depart at 3:45, they shut the gate in my face, which I did not get a picture of but will be uploading. ‘Anna’ who’m works there at the gate A21 May 30th DESTROYED our last day. I’m disgusted with Allegiant and will never ever fly with them again, myself and My entire family.

Reviewed 30 May 2022

I’m not one for reviews. Get it, we make plans, but we also have to be prepared. Unfortunately on our trip out the flight was from Bos to Norfolk va 75min flight was delayed 6 hours. Then when returning, we were on the tarmac for 90 mins. That’s longer then the flight. Apparently the pilot let us know we couldn’t de board until another flight got their paperwork in order. We could see at least three other gates open, but we had to just wait for the occupied gate.

Reviewed 30 May 2022

After being on hold for customer service for over 5 hours, we got connected with the most wonderful person I’ve spoken to in a long time!! She helped us in every single way possible and was absolutely AMAZING!!! She made our travel plans so much less stressful by helping us out. thank you so so much again Felicia!!! I can’t say that enough!!!

Date of travel: May 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.