“Worst Airline In the Industry”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 22 May 2022

The worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. Honestly, I’m embarres for Gina, the customer “support” representative.

I flew an employee down for work. He got to the gate 20 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off and saw it leave the terminal. I called Allegiant to try and get a refund. After waiting for 2 1/2 hours, I spoke to Gina for less than 10 minutes explaining the situation. She said “I shouldn’t even be talking to you this long since you cannot verify the information.” I gave her ALL the information. She was just embarrassed because I called her out for not accommodating or making any sense.

It’s clear they make you wait on hold for an inconceivable amount of time then if you are patient enough to get a “support” representative they just give you the run around then hang up on you. It’s pathetic an airline like this even exists.

1  Thank sethh649

Reviewed 21 May 2022

My flight was double booked and I was charged twice for the same flight. Not to mention, I had to pay an extra $50 for my cary-on even though I already paid for it in advance. The staff at the airport told me they couldn't help me and that I had to "call customer service" All of this when my flight was about to board. I called customer service (90 minute hold time) the following day and they "said" they'd make it right. I'm going to be posting this review on Twitter and as well as other review sites until I get a full refund.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank jeffj550
Reviewed 20 May 2022

On the way to the airport got a text that my flight had been canceled. They had 6 agents standing around doing nothing and ONE agent working the 50+ people line that were cancelled. I had options to sty the night, but many of these passengers did not. We booked United for the next day. I will never fly Allegiant again. They stranded the whole plane of passengers for 2 days in Vegas.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 20 May 2022

Took 1-hr to get on the plane. It was obvious no one knew what they were doing. Very painful.

My recommendation is to pay more and fly with an experienced airline. This operation is sad to watch.

Reviewed 20 May 2022

Allegiant cancelled my flight a few hours before departure forcing me to book another flight at triple the cost and to rush to the airport to make the flight. They “refunded” my flight but not including the cost of my upgraded seats. Avoid Allegiant at all costs!

Date of travel: May 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.