“fine”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 9 December 2019

I was very happy with them. It was my first time on their airline. No problems coming or going. we got back early . I would give 5 stars, but no pepsi.

Date of travel: August 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (10,889)

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Do not forget you noise cancelling devices and get used to that good old diaper smell...thankfully a very short flight.
$100 for a checked bag.
Airbus 319 is the worst even on a 70 min. flight

Date of travel: December 2019
2  Thank Skippylatroy
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

I have always received excellent service from Allegiant Airlines. Recently Allegiant has upgraded their planes. They are comfortable, and I love that it is only 2 hours from tarmac to tarmac. These guys really know how to FLY!

Date of travel: October 2019
2  Thank karol234
Reviewed 9 December 2019

I missed my flight because of construction traffic. They worked very hard to rebook my flight for the same day, although I had to rent a car at Orlando, and drive the rest of the way in.

The flight itself was smooth, the attendants were friendly and helpful, and the ground crew brought us in safely!

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

I endure Allegiant because it offers non-stop service when I travel to my son’s house. However, I keep looking for another alternative. Between the airline and the Orlando-Sanford Airport, it’s a terrible experience.

THE AIRLINE: Like most other carriers, Allegiant advertises a price that covers next to nothing. It’s extra to pick a seat. Extra to have a carry on. Extra to board early so you can find a place to stash your carry on. There is no food or even a glass of water unless you pay more. But THE WORST part is the seats. There must not be an inch of padding in those instruments of torture. They are so narrow I doubt that anyone above the age of 10 could have their shoulders fit within the space provided. And for leg room - forget about it. All airlines are pretty awful, but I do think Allegiant is the worst. In addition, there is no pocket in the back of the seat in front of you to store a single item. There is no room to put your coat in the overhead bin. So you sit with your legs jammed under your chin with your coat in your lap trying to balance your phone or iPad or book on top of this pile of outerwear with no room between your chest and the seat in front of you.

Heaven help us if we needed to make an emergency evacuation. It’s extremely difficult to get out of your seat under these conditions.

THE AIRPORT
Orlando-Sanford has undergone renovations recently and the physical plan is now quite nice with more dining options and a more inviting ambience. But this airport never seems to think about signage.

I traveled the day before Thanksgiving and I realize that’s the biggest travel day of the year. All the more reason for signage!

I had to park in the overflow lot (read cornfield). I passed it on the way into the airport. Don’t you think they could have had a sign directing travelers to that lot and telling them all the long term parking was full? No. I had to go around the front of the terminal only to be directed back to where I started 10 minutes previously.

And then when I get to the lot, there are people directing us to the next available slot, but no one tells me I have to track down another attendant so I can
prepay for my parking. Normally, you get a ticket and pay when you leave so I wasn’t expecting this. Another passenger told me about it. There were no signs. No booth. Just a few people walking around the lot with no obvious unifirm. I’m short so it took me a while to find them. No flag, no balloons, no permanent location. I had to yell and wave to get the attendant’s attention. I’ve attended high school football games where the parking was better organized.

Then you get in the airport. There are two terminal buildings (A & B) but they aren’t marked from the outside. I had to find the Allegiant counter to check my bag and was surprised the line wasn’t very long. That went better than previously.

After going through TSA you can now go into either terminal to get to your gate. The renovation made this process much better. You used to have to know which terminal to enter before going through TSA.

But then you enter this large area with (what I later discovered) had one seating area for all gates. Again - no obvious signage. I knew where the gates used to be and headed in that direction only to find they weren’t there any more. You access all gate through a single doorway that only opens when a flight is boarding. So back to where I started. Again - signage folks. It’s not that hard.

I loved the question Trip Advisor asked: would I recommend this airline to friends? Right? I’d recommend not taking it.

Date of travel: November 2019
2  Thank CharG716
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.