“Pay for the upgrade; it's worth it!”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 25 July 2019

Allegiant Air is one of the only airlines that flies directly into Eugene from San Diego, which is great because you don't have to come back down from Portland, which can take up to 2 & 1/2 hours, each way. However, the downside is you can only travel on Friday AND Monday, which really isn't that big a deal depending on how long you want to stay in Eugene. Another thing that is great (at least at first) is the price! Round trip for one person was less than $200!! But wait, there's more. You want to do a carry on bag to go in the the overhead, $25 online ($50 at the airport); same for checked baggage. And your seat; you can choose your seat, but that will cost you too, and although I don't remember exact cost, the closer to the front you sit, the more expensive it gets (BUT IT IS WORTH IT TO PAY FOR THE UP FRONT SEATS). In the back, I had row 28, my knees were against the seat in front of me. I upgraded to come home (well worth the extra bucks) and there was, like 4 or 5 inches of space between my knees and the seat back (I am 6'2"). Also, if you don't like getting on a plane with a big crowd, you can pay extra to board ahead of the herd (again, worth it). All in all, my $200 airfare worked out to about $400, but man, it is worth it. Plus, if you book a car through Allegiant, it turns out to be really cheap. Would I use them again? Absolutely; can't wait to go somewhere they go!!

1  Thank Mike O
Write a reviewReviews (9,957)

Reviewed 25 July 2019

Flight was ontime going and coming...quick flight which is all you could take on a plane like this. The seats do not recline at all, don't move no flexibility. New meaning to economy airlines. Anything more than an 1 or so on a flight like this and you'll need serious physical therapy. Attendants nice, crew was nice, overall exp. was good. Don't look for coffee though, it ain't happening...you get what you pay for here folks.

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 25 July 2019

Easy with no long lines and for me a savings of 45 minutes not having to travel into St Louis to Lambert. However, if you buy the hotel package it does NOT cover the resort fees. I thought I was saving money and it cost me an extra 100.00. I was not happy~ It is also very difficult to speak to an actual person.

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 24 July 2019

I would recommend Allegiant to anyone. My sister and I flew Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach on a Saturday. She flew home on Monday then I flew home on Wednesday. All 3 of our Allegiant flights were not only on time, but early. We traveled light for our short trip with only a backpack each, which are free to carry on, and let me tell you they were stuffed full and still fit under the seat in front of us. The flights were super smooth and super affordable. Heck, we even bought a cocktail on the way down! $10 for a Tito’s, can of cranberry and a bag of Chex Mix.
I was hesitant to book these flights, but was pleasantly surprised! I will be flying Allegiant again!

Reviewed 24 July 2019

Direct flight in less than 2.5 hours for often under $200 round trip. I can go home a lot more often now! :)

US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.