“Cramped, no frills”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On time, yes. Adequate, yes. Crammed like fish in a can, yes.
Certain boarding zones of the plane are not allowed carry-ons. Small seats, no amenities. And EVERYTHING costs extra. They have a very deceptive photo menu for before they come around with carts, but ran out of some items early. Thank goodness it was a short flight.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (3,804)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My flight was supposed to depart Pittsburgh at 8:13 and arrive in Jacksonville at 10:15. We didn't even board the plane until 12:00. Upon arrival at the airport in Jacksonville, We had to wait about an hour before we could unboard the plane. It was around 3:00 when I finally was able to get off of the plane. Seems as if anything that could happen did for my return flight. I flew with Allegiant from Jacksonville to Pittsburgh on 11/02/17 without any problems at all. Lots of people were complaining about the delays. We were delayed due to having to wait on a battery being driven from Asheville, NC. All I could think about was for the price that my ticket cost me, I didn't have room to complain. I just set and listened to everyone. I am grateful that the issue was discovered before I boarded the plane. I will be flying with Allegiant the next time I visit my sister and family in Pittsburgh area.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A no frills airline and good prices if you book early. This is an a la carte airline so be prepared to pay for bags, seats and snacks. I do like the south terminal in Austin because it is very easy to get through TSA but the drive is longer from the city to the terminal.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve traveled with Allegiant twice now - the people working at their ticket counter in Columbus Ohio are extremely rude. This would not be the case if they were flying out of Port Columbus or any other international airport, they would be much nicer due to the proximity of the competition. Flying back from Savannah, they were much nicer - flying out of Rickenbacker, nothing but rudeness. Not a huge fan of Rickenbacker either - they do not have any carts to carry baggage and have one overpriced snack place. We are flying out of Port Columbus from here on out. Rickenbacker needs to get with the kindness program if they want to become a competitive airport. I highly do not recommend.

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was my families first time flying and we could not of been happier. The Allegiant app made checking in simple and a quick screenshot of our boarding passes. I read so many negative reviews on here and was hesitant to fly with them but their staff made it a great experience. I will definitely fly with them again.