“BRAVO ALITALIA!!! Took initiative and have offered a full refund.”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 20 March 2020

I thought that I would lose the full amount for a return ticket booked from Athens to Bari in April/May 2020 because I hadn't taken out insurance. Alitalia got in touch with me via email and offered a variety of solutions. I opted for cancellation because the situation is so terrible. Despite the shocking impact on the airline industry, Alitalia has done the right thing and I will definitely support this airline in the future! Bravo, Alitalia!! My best wishes to the company and to all Italians going through such a dreadful crisis. May you soon see the end of it!
P.S. Travel date is incorrect but I had to put something to post this review!

4  Thank Ausperspective
Write a reviewReviews (19,977)

Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

My family and I were on a pre-planned vacation to Italy. While there, cases of corona virus were reported in the north. We were in the south. Our concern was leaving as scheduled on March 3. At check-in we were asked if we traveled to China in the past 15 days or accepted anything from someone in China. A sticker was placed on our passports to indicate nothing associated with China. The airport itself was spotless! Announcements were made advising of screening by health officials using a scanner to detect fever. We were advising our privacy was not invaded as the scan was not an X-ray. Prior to boarding, each passenger was scanned. We felt confident with this safety measure. On the plane, employees wore gloves, food and drink had as little contact with employees and passengers as reasonable. The plane was very clean. Restrooms not so much but given the number of passengers, this was expected. Signs in the restrooms emphasized washing hands, etc. I believe the airport and airline did all they could to ensure the safety and health of all.
Today is day 14 since we’ve been home and all four of us are fine.

2  Thank BellaItalia0902
Reviewed 15 March 2020

When I book a business class, I expect not only certain quality in food and entertainment but also a friendly stuff who makes me feel welcome on board. Well, the stewards were not friendly (maybe under influence of the Corona crisis) and didn't smile once! The food was basic, as in Economy class. Only (luckily) the whine was of great quality.
The plane was quite old so there was no wi-fi access and the films and music were very old and slow to manage with a bad remote control.
The seat, on the other hand, was really comfortable so I could sleep well.
I wouldn't call it magnifica.

3  Thank Rodolfo C
Reviewed 15 March 2020

We flew the 10th of febr.from Amsterdam to Rome and the 14th from Rome to Amsterdam. You have enough space for your legs. We had a drink and cookies or chips for free.
We had a delay from 1 hour and 45 min. before flying to Rome. When we flew back everything was on time. Nice service in the plain. We got a chocolate on Valentine day.

Date of travel: February 2020
2  Thank rudolffranciscusd
Reviewed 12 March 2020

when you are onboard it seems italy is almost a perfect country ,the only thing that bothers you is the loud voice of some stewarts or hostesess.

Date of travel: September 2019
1  Thank Chris C
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.