“They've seen better times, but still really good”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It lived up to expectations: smooth flight, nice atmosphere, clean plain. One can see that they struggle to keep things together a bit, but the conditions are pretty decent nonetheless and the trip experience pretty smooth overall.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,711)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked with Alitalia because we strongly prefer direct flights. I was expecting the worst based on other reviews, but we were quite pleased. Most importantly, the flight left on time and arrived on time. The seats were fine, the flight attendants were fine, and in the in-flight entertainment was so-so.

I didn’t think the plane seemed old or the seats cramped, but you could tell it was not as nice as some other airlines. I was surprised the flight attendants weren’t happier/more smiley, but they did everything that was asked of them. The only real disappointment was the in-flight entertainment. The touch screen was difficult to use, and there weren’t a lot of great options for movies and tv shows (e.g., new releases). All in all, I would recommend.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank 907blaked
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All I can say is a big Thankyou to the Italian Check in Lady from Alitalia, without her we would have missed the plane. On my own with three children (two teens, one seven year old) I’d underestimated the time needed to get to the airport and also couldn’t get my boarding passes to download. I knew I was cutting it fine but the lady from Alitalia escorted us to Security and stressed to me we had to run - fast - a long way across the airport as the boarding gate was far away. We did. We ran. And we arrived nearly on the point of collapse (little one crying) but thankfully our plane was still boarding. Without her help we wouldn’t have made it. Once on the plane, flight was smooth, seats were great for such a cheap price and oh joy, a free drink and tiny snack!

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank laurarainbow2015
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely flight with attentive service. The seats were comfortable and spacious. The food was a bit disappointing considering that it's an Italian airline - not as good as other foreign carriers we have traveled with. I wish this flight was available from San Diego rather than LAX which is a terrible airport.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service was good but the space lacking. They are not alone in reducing the space for economy class passengers. It was difficult to stretch or turn in our seats and one had the feeling that your knees were in your mouth ! It would appear that all airlines are doing this now.

Date of travel: September 2018