“great flight”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 15 November 2018

Clean, comfortable aircraft with good leg space. Bari airport check in fast and efficient. Crew were friendly. Flights were on time. One hour connection in Rome was suficient with carry on bags.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank William L
Write a reviewReviews (19,969)

Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

When you come aboard your experience starts off with meeting grumpy staff who clearly would rather not be there. Your seating area is rather small for such a long distance flight, but not abnormally smaller than other airlines. What is extremely different is the way you are treated as a passenger. I’m surprised that not more people come off a flight with severe dehydration as during the 10 hours you spend in the plane they will pass twice with the drinks trolley. Don’t expect to be able to get out of your seat to go find some water either as the seatbelt sign wont turn off for the full duration of the flight until about an hour before landing. There was no turbulence during our entire flight, so I got the impression that this was merely done so the staff would be left alone. They also do not pass through the cabin to check seatbelts for take-off and did a quick pass through for landing. When asking for a glass of water you practically get your head bitten off. I understand that this isn’t the most expensive airline, but I’ve had more enjoyable experiences with budget airlines than with Alitalia. Extremely disappointed in the service.

Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and I flew from LA to Rome last week (a 12 hr flight). It was by far the worst plane we have been on. It had no leg room whatsoever and was very cramped. The chair in front of us was basically in our laps. The plane in general was very outdated with little entertainment options. The screen was very grainy. The tray was super small and couldn’t hold much and the chairs were very uncomfortable. Both of our head rests on the chairs were broken. The service was not that great. We fly quite often and have received great service on other flights and this is not one of them. I would not recommend this airline at all.

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

I had a flight on Alitalia for a short 2 and a half hour flight from Rome to Paris. The plane and seating was so cramped. The seats look large and comfortable when you look at them but in reality there is NO room between each row of seats. I am short, I am 5 ft 3in and my knees touched the seat in front of me and it was very cramped and uncomfortable. There were grown men way taller then me and I don’t know how they fit in a row of 3 seats they all looked so uncomfortable. I don’t know if all there airplanes are like this but this plane was aweful it was also very hot most of the flight. I have never seen an airplane this cramped before. cheap airlines like Ryanair were so so so much better then this plane.

Reviewed 13 November 2018

Really cramped seats. After I got home foot cramped so bad every 60 seconds it would curl up and shake. Ouch. Sitting in the small seat, really pinched a nerve. It was the worst reaction I've had in the last 50 flights. Not going Alitalia again. Employees were very nice but it doesn't make up for it. Old plane.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.