“Nice service with Italian style”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Good service as SkyTeam partner. The A330 is modern and good flight entertainment. A nice blanket and pillow for the night. Efficient.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (13,290)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Such a nightmare of a flight. Cramped airplane. Rude flight attendants who spoke no English. Tiny seats with no leg room. Dirty toilets( and only half of them worked and the other half had no toilet paper). Ridiculous counter people who wanted us to give up our tickets for nothing after they decided to scramble our seats all around the plane. My husband wound up sleeping on the floor of the plane by the bathroom because it was better than his seat. By the end of the flight I was literally counting the seconds till we landed.

1  Thank Teresa F
Reviewed 13 December 2017

An experience is the best way to describe business class on this flight...When asked for a drink the attendant delivered the glass of white wine for my wife and soft drink for myself and we were told to keep the large bottles next to us as we may like another drink later, I other words he was not coming back....

The other couple in business class also received their drinks and were given the same instructions.

We were a little concerned about having large glass containers sitting on the floor next to us for safety reasons, but the flight was very smooth and on-time.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Never again. Had a flight to Amsterdam from Larnaca, Cyprus via Rome. Gate changed 2 times, no calls, only messages at the gate. Flight to Rome was okay, than arrival in Rome. Again body check and big queues before the body scanner. Again take off shoes and belt, take out the computer etc, Unfriendly staff, no time and long way to the connecting flight in Rome. No space in the plane, fully booked. Also no possibility to order more space, I´m 1.90m. Back way from Amsterdam, I gave up some additional luggage, 2 glasses which extended the cabin luggage dimensions. Had to buy additional "Cautious" tags and the glasses were properly wrapped in bubble wrap and styrofoam. Very expensive, around 60 €. Staff said, no problem, we always take care. Flight to Rome , gates changed 2 times, ridiculous sorting of the passengers after first class and second class entrance to the plane. Very tight seating, plane was full. Ridiculous food, no chance to buy anything. Long stay in Rome, gate changed 2 times again. Nightflight to Larnaca again very tight, bad service, machine full. Wanted to take my special luggage: glasses broken, of course no one responsible . Wrote a complaint to get a refund and after 8 weeks (!) Alitalia answered, its not their responsibility and they refused a refund finally. 180 € for the glasses lost and additionally the € 60 for the transportation.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I flew from Santiago, Chile to Prague, Czech Republic via Rome. The special meal option was not as expected. I had chosen the Asian Vegeterian Meal but was given Vegan. I am OK with a Vegan meal only not OK that though it was available as an option to choose from, the airline did not really have it. The ground staff in Prague was rude to elderly passengers. It would do good to the airline to improve on their hospitality. The inflight crew in the Santiago to Rome flight was rude to the passengers when they asked them for a small thing like water. It was like the passengers are to wait till the meal service began to have even water.

My baggage was broken on the return flight to Chile. I had to send couple of reminded but, the airline compensated me within the 30 day time frame promised.

Overall core areas need to be worked on.