“Just a normal Economy Flight”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I have to say I was a bit worried when I read this airlines reviews. However, the news is, there is no news to report. The flight from JFK to FCO left and arrived on time and the flight from FCO to JFK did the same. The seats in economy are uncomfortable but they are economy and no worse than others. Being kind pays off. On the return trip I was asked if I would be willing to move so that a couple could sit together. I had an aisle seat and was hesitant at first but assumed they wouldn’t ask if they were going to sit me in a middle seat in the back of the plane. I was correct and given a premium economy seat that I enjoyed after 16 days of torturing my legs and feet.
Airline food is….airline food. No one is winning Top Chef Awards for this so bring snacks if you are a picky eater and will be hungry. However, the wine was surprisingly very good. Attendants were polite and efficient. Given the price, I would travel again.

1  Thank WheresTheBeach_26
Write a ReviewReviews (9,210)

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Just a follow up. Different flight same problems. Check-in online seems okay but trying to buy the exit seat to get some more leg room was impossible. Tried 5 times (you start to doubt yourself) and in the end just gave up. Finally in the plain you know you need the spave. The chairs are so close to theone before you! Definitely designed for smaller people, since the flight is far from full. Flight itself okay, service very average.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Alitalia, people now are much better than before.
all the people were fantastic and helpful

Reviewed 23 September 2017

My name is Zorana Grujic. I flew Belgrade - Rome - Chicago on September 3rd via Alitalia. My luggage was delayed and I filed the claim at Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) on September 3rd, but I have never received a copy of a claim, nor did I received a P.I.R.

One of my bags was delivered on September 5th, with the tag number 114174. For the second bag, 114178 I had to go to the airport. I have called your customer service number, which Alitalia provided on their web site, +1 800 223 5730. Person from the customer service told me to call Alitalia in Belgrade and in Rome since she has no information about my luggage and that she believes my luggage was never sent from Belgrade in the first place. I have called Belgrade and Rome, and in Belgrade told me that they have sent my luggage and that Alitalia is searching for some red bag, unknown brand, and tag number 123456. So, I tried to call back customer service number in Chicago, which is located in Albania, Europe, in order to avoid going to airport and change the claim since I had a conference meeting. On September 11th, lady from the customer service told me that my claim EXPIRED and that Alitalia is NO LONGER searching for my luggage and that I should go back to the airport to open a new claim and that working hours are only from 11 am till 3 pm. So I went to the airport at O'Hara (ORD) on September 12th. The personnel were very unkind; they didn't want to talk with me and they didn't want to send anyone to talk with me until they have checked-in literally all passengers for that flight. I have waited for two and a half hours until Supervisor wanted to talk to me and she said that she is NOT AUTHORIZED to check my claim, even though she personally opened the claim for me on September 3rd. She also told me that I don't need to open a new claim. She declined printing me a copy of my claim or giving me a P.I.R. and reassuring me that I don't need it and that her supervisor and someone who is able to check my information is very busy at that moment and I would need to wait for another hour. I said I would wait. As soon as I agreed to wait, she went and brought me my bag without tags in 2 minutes!

I filed an appeal for reimbursement, but no one ever answered.

Two days later, Alitalia delivered a red bag on the address I left. The bag is NOT mine! I have called numerous times their customer call center, all the numbers they gave me, send e-mails so they would return the wrong bag to the owner. Of course, no one ever answered and no one wants to come and pick it up. IT'S NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY, RIGHT?!?!

This was the worst experience I have ever had!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We had a connected flight from Tehran to Rome and then to Nice, but Alitalia airline couldn't deliver our luggage at the same day and completely ruined our plans! Imagine you can not even take a shower because your clothes are in another city! Not having our medical needs was the worst part!