“8-hour delay from Vegas to PDX”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 14 March 2020

After an exciting Vegas vacation, we arrived at the airport hours before our 2:10 PM departure. I appreciated the text message updates provided by Alaska Airlines. At noon a message that our flight was delayed 2-hours. At 2 PM a message of a 5-hour and 20-minute delay. At 4 PM a 7-hour and 52-minute delay. We finally made it home to Portland at midnight. Most passengers found other options, and our flight had 39 people. The flight crew profusely apologized, and we received discount vouchers for our next flight.

Date of travel: February 2020
2  Thank RodneyR2
Write a reviewReviews (16,173)

Reviewed 14 March 2020

The flight was 1,5 hour delayed, but we were went a message informing us of this, so we we were aware of the delay. The checking in agents were very helpful and courteous, and always treated everyone with a smile. The flight was smooth, without any issues. The plane was 2/3 full.

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020

nail biter all the way...flight 8 hours delayed in airport...trying to catch a cruise ship leaving at 4 pm...no info provided as to when or why...rude...then rush rush rush to board...only to sit on tarmac another hour...then no gate for us in seattle...we were OJ's in the hertz rental car commercial of old...running and jumping over obstacles...family calling cruise line for us to keep them posted...they were not going to wait...we would have to meet the ship in first port, two days from embarkation...thankfully (to no one but ourselves) we made it with two minutes to spare...no lie!

Date of travel: June 2019
1  Thank localgourma
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

Alaska, and Southwest are my default options for default American flights. They are reliable, affordable and comfortable enough. Their app is very easy to use. I checked in and looked up my gate with it. My flight to and back took off on time and landed before time respectively. I was aware of the gates and they did not change unexpectedly. The flight was comfortable and the staff was friendly. It was very basic though. There was no entertainment on a 4.5 hour long flight. I brought my own but I like options :) The menu options were also limited. They are in the range of snacks to appetizers. They have a decent range of drinks. I only had carry on luggage. I was in D boarding group but there was enough space for my cabin luggage. I did not need to check it in. The seats were clean.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank BlackMambaNumberFive
Reviewed 14 March 2020

While I fly economy, I was made comfortable, treated with respect, served with a smile, and was afforded every amenity appropriate. The flight was on time leaving Sacramento, and arriving in Anchorage. I have always felt comfortable on an Alaska Airlines Flight.

Date of travel: May 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.