“Everything as Expected”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I chose this Airline and Flight to Cancun Mexico even though we had to drive from The Okanagan in British Columbia to Wenatchee. We used Alaska Airmiles and found this to be the most efficient in terms of travel time. We found checkin and security to be relatively straightforward and all of our flights were on time. The flight attendants on all of our flights were cheerful and efficient, but of course it really is a no frills in terms of food service. On the leg from Seattle to Cancun they ran out of most food options to purchase so I highly recommend pre-ordering before your flight, especially if you are further back in the cabin. The only other hitch was on our return flight from Seattle to Wenatchee when poor visibility over the airport almost had our plane diverted back to Seattle. Thankfully, the pilot was able to take another approach and we were able to land safely. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and we would definitely consider using Alaska Airlines again.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (12,228)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The planes were Airbus A320 (they used to ONLY fly Boeing 737s) - unusual in Alaska's fleet, and the planes were not outfitted with the most recent upgrades typical in Alaska flight (e.g. in-fiight USB power, and in-flight viewing of videos on your personal device.); I suspect they got these planes and gates in their recent acquisition of Virgin (a news stated that Virgin flied Virgin America's fleet were comprised of 60 Airbus A319 and A320 aircraft).
The flight went from PV to San Francisco, then another Alaska A320 took us from SFO to Portland.
Good flights, standard food / snacks for Alaska, and signs that they were planning to "Alaskify" the plane experience. Just not the standard Alaska experience (yet).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Alaska’s 175 jets are a joy to fly, roomy and comfortable. The only airline to flight non-stop between MCI and SFO although it is on their regional partner.

SFO air traffic delayed us 2 hours because of fog which often happens at SFO. Gate agents were great as well as flight crew

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice convenient non-stop flight out of San Francisco. Easy check in at the counter and with my TSA pre-check, security was a snap.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I usually hate flying, but this was a exception. I must confess I usually don’t fly 1 class which made for a great flight. The cost was well worth it, comfortable seating, great service and a very edible meal and drinks was greatly appreciated. I travel quite often and it is my opinion that Alaska airline is one of the best for service and being on time. The cookies on Alaska Air are quite good too. I would recommend any Alaska direct flight.