“SFO Trip”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really cannot say enough good things about AL. Even though the airline changed both our outbound and return flights by 6+ hours, they made everything right. Note to others, it's good practice to book in advance for the lowest fare, but anything over 2 months and you risk having schedule changes. AL has excellent customer service, from the reservation agents, gate agents, flight attendants, to their rocking online booking tool. I'm not pandering nor am I getting paid for this endorsement, but I have to share this with everyone that right now they are giving 30k miles if you spend $1k in 3 months, and get this, they will give out a free companion (taxes only) ticket once a year! For example, I'm booking a trip to AK in May, my ticket is about $550, my wife's, $70. Check out where you can use it, you'd be surprised. Also, your first checked bag is free, for up to 6 people in the same reservation! Nuff said!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,936)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Early morning flight to Tucson. New system of boarding since last flown with Alaska. Seemed to work well with an oversold plane [they were asking passengers to give up seats for cash]. The plane left on time, the service was were good and we arrived on time.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Alaska Airlines cancelled our flight, and never notified me. The day before our flight, we went to check in and they said the flight had been cancelled, yet we were never notified. When we contacted Alaska Airlines they claimed they had no way of contacting us, but when we initiated the call they asked to verify our phone number and email address. When verifying, they read our phone number and email back to us. I'll never fly them again.

1  Thank harkev
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was okay, plane was clean, full flight so carry on luggage space was filled. Simple trick to not pay for checked in luggage. When you get the gate, the agents always ask if anyone would like to check their bags in free of charge to your final destination, to make more room available for luggage. I always check my bag at the gate, if I have to change planes somewhere, that way I do not have to drag my suitcase all around the terminal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a few hours before the flight so we stayed in the Alaska Airlines lounge; the staff members are polite, professional, and kind. The food is pretty good and the oversized chairs are comfy. There was a couple of rooms set in the back for business / private calls.