“Can't beat free shipping on a case of wine”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 12 November 2018

I've always found Alaska to have excellent flight attendants who seem a little more invested than the larger airlines. They are personable and responsive and I've always enjoyed the flights. I make an annual trip to Walla Walla to buy wine, and Alaska's policy of the first case goes back with no fees is perfect for me.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (11,629)

Reviewed 12 November 2018

Used to be a good airline, not anymore (and they totally destroyed Virgin America, which is sad). If they cancel your flight or downgrade you, they don't process any promised refunds or credits automatically (the way most airlines do)...you have to call them and spend a lot of time on hold with (their very poor) customer service department. Ridiculous.

1  Thank Blake G
Reviewed 12 November 2018

I have been flying Alaska since 1995 and have always had a good flight. All that time, I can only sight 1-2 instances during flight, but it was due to inconsiderate passengers, not the flight crew.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

We flew from JFK to LAS and then a week later flew from LAX, to JFK.

We were long time customers of Virgin America, and thought to ourselves...let's give Alaska a go! How bad can it be?

We got to the airport and immediatley hightailed it to the first class lounge. It was very impressive. Brand new, completely redone, it gleamed. Comfortable seating, and an amazing view of the runways and sunrise.

The amenities were great. Coffee, tea, various juices and sodas, liquor and beer (not my thing at 5 am but I dont judge). There was a great spread of muffins, pastries, and breads. There were hard boiled eggs, steel cut oatmeal, sliced fruit and a pancake machine. I kid you not...press a button and out comes two pancakes. They were delicious.

The rest rooms were clean and comfortable with tons of thoughtful free amenities like; feminine hygiene products, diaper changing kits and lotion.

We boarded the aircraft. It looked just like a virgin plane, only there was an eskimo on the screen. Cool. I like eskimos.

Tons of leg room, comfortable seating, the meal was not great, but edible. The staff aboard the craft was great.

On the way back, heres where it gets interesting and the stars begin to fall away...

We go to check our bags. The agent weighs the first bag...49lbs. She weighs the second bag and its 56lbs. We were required to pay 75 bucks for the oversized bag. The interesting thing is that neither bag weighed over 50lbs going out and we jettisoned plenty before returning. We argued a bit but the agent wasn't interested. We paid and the bag was tagged and chucked down the belt. She removes the bag and the scale reads -4.2 lbs. The scale was off and wasn't tared. We argued more, but got nowhere. Fearful of making a scene (I've seen those articles where they toss you in jail for yelling at the airport staff), we let it go. Ripped off...and dejected.

Off to the lounge. Perhaps some fluffy pancakes will make me feel better. I vowed to eat at least 75 dollars worth of food to make up for those bogus baggage fees! I found no juices, cold coffee, room temperature scary eggs, wierd coagulated cheese soup and a broken pancake machine. I ate a banana....depressed.

We board. Same deal, virgin lookalike plane with that smug eskimo in my face. My seat is broken and wont recline all the way. Cool. They take food orders. I was the last one they asked and oops, they ran out of food. The nice stewardess felt bad for me and housed a sandwich from coach and arranged it on a plate with some chips. It was awful.

We landed. I couldn't wait to get off of the plane. I swear that eskimo winked at me on the way off the plane.

Would I reccomend? Not unless you like to set your cash on fire.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 11 November 2018

US airlines (including Alaska) have a wishy washy policy on grossly obese passengers but I believe they are too timid to enforce it. Our flight was full so there was no spare seats. This meant that a huge man who couldn't fit into his seat took up half of my wife's seat as well. The arm rest could not be lowered and his arms were all over my wife. This is an outrageous situation and it needs to be rectified. If the passenger arrives and it is obvious they won't fit, kick them off as per the policy that the airline sets out. We should not have to put up with being crushed by Jabba the Hutt. Having said this, every time I fly Alaska, something happens.