“Even on a short flight, Alaska showed that they care about their customers.”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

During the months of June and July, I flew several times and with three different airlines. One stood out to me in terms of service, and that was Alaska. To be honest, I did not expect much by way of service and attention to detail given that I was only on a short route. But I was pleasantly surprised. To start with, the representatives at the bag-drop/ check-in counter were very helpful and friendly. I had a borderline too-heavy suitcase to check, but the representative at the desk was kind enough to advise me that if I put a sweater or two extra in my carry-on, i’d be fine. She was looking for ways to help me avoid paying an extra fee, and I truly appreciate that. During the flight itself, I was also pleasantly surprised that Alaska still offers a free in-flight beverage service even on a short flight such as San Diego to Fresno. Compared to a few European carriers i’ve flown with recently, this was a nice surprise. The bottom line is that Alaska gives the impression that customers still matter. While that may seem like a trivial point, we live during a time when the culture of customer service seems to be dwindling. Thanks to Alaska for maintaining a high service standard!

Date of travel: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (16,104)

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

‪I would like you to know how special your Boise customer care agents Sara & Jasmine are. Tremendously helpful attitudes, excellent listening skills & soothing, caring voices. Winners! From a retired executive, “Groom them!” #AlaskaAirCares ‬

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I flew Alaska Airlines to/from Las Vegas for an early summer vacation. It was our first experience with Alaska. Surely not our last.

The number of flight options that Alaska offers was the first thing that caught my eye. From NY to other major cities, they seem to have the most non-stop flights, including early morning hours. The price for flying Alaska is comparable to the other top commercial airlines. We booked 5 months early and got a solid deal.

The plane itself was clean, colorfully lit (purple and red inside the cabin) and well-staffed. No meal service on domestic flights in economy class. Beverages were served. They did have tablet-sized video screens at every seat and a good selection of movies and tv shows to view. One does need to bring their own pair of headphones for audio.

Our flight each way was smooth and on-time. I should also mention that the Alaska airlines app is user-friendly and quite handy for things like check-in and monitoring departures/arrivals.

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Sometimes Alaska is pretty good, and sometimes not so much. If you are lucky enough to get on a Virgin America plane, you have good leg room plus great entertainment options. This was a long flight, and it was an older Alaska plane. Thus, there was less legroom, and the seats are narrower. I think they jammed a few more seats into the plane to get more customers on board. If you want in-flight entertainment, you MUST have your smart phone or device, with the proper app downloaded AHEAD of time. Then you can purchase movie packages, etc. You also need to purchase food. Other airlines offer complimentary food/snacks on longer flights. The flight attendants were very nice, courteous, and helpful. The lavatories are TINY! I think they turned two into three, but there is barely enough room to turn around. I can't imagine a tall or larger size person being comfortable on this flight.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 10 August 2018

They did a good job of keeping my fish from defrosting on the way home from fishing. Got window seats for both flights. Can't complain.

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.