“Flew Alaska 3 times this year, every flight had time changes”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

We have used Alaska for years and are card holders, but this year was horrid. All 3 trips we took this year had time changes, and I mean by hours. Making us leave and get home during rush hour. Making us late for family reunion. Having to change rental car times which made fees increase. Please standby your published timelines or pay us the 125 dollar flight change!

1  Thank Laurba
Write a ReviewReviews (7,495)

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We travel to Zihuatanejo often and have used many airlines over many years. Most recently, we flew Alaska to our destination and were pleased with the boarding procedure and flight as well as the baggage handling. On board service was curious and efficient.
They do charge $25 per checked bag even though this is "out of the country".
We sat in exit row aisle seats.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Flights were good, very little turbulence, good landings. Connections lead to 3+ hours waiting in the Seattle airport both ways. Employees appear to like their jobs and are very helpful and friendly. I experienced no cancellations, changes or delays. Arrivals and departures were on time.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I have been flying Alaska Airlines for the past 10 years, hands down the best domestic North American airline. Delta is close behind, United, American, SouthWest have nothing on AS in my opinion. Most recently changed from home airport in Milwaukee to O'Hare due to proximity and number of flights available. MKE and AS are more recent, great flights on E175 (2x2) aircraft. MKE-SEA is year round once a day, PDX added last year as seasonal only.

This past week ORD-SEA aboard 737-9 both ways in economy. Outbound I opted for $49 extra to sit in E+, very comfortable and spacious. The 6AM flight on Monday was half full, entire rows were empty. Overheard a FA say this was the emptiest flight she'd seen from ORD but it's also in that holiday break period. Normally E+ includes a free alcoholic beverage, at 6AM thought not a wise idea. The new overhead bins allow for greater storage but still no issue due to capacity on this flight. Return flight on redeye was also half capacity. I had booked E+ two days prior but day of flight I was unable to check-in. I later learned the 737-9 on this route did not have E+ seating except emergency exit rows. Not a major issue, but would have been nice to know ahead of time despite being allowed to book E+ on seatmap 24 hours prior.

Do Not book a middle seat on the 737-9. The middle seat has the IFE box at it's feet, removing some space. Aisle seat unfortunately loses a small portion of foot space to this as well, but IMO not a major issue.

Customer service at Alaska Airlines has always been a strong point. Baggage guaranteed within 20 minutes or free miles offered, just another reason why I love Alaska. This is not a budget airline, but it does pale in size compared to the big 3. I don't mind the Q400's when visiting family in Lewiston-Clarkston or Pasco, but maybe that's the plane enthusiast in me too. Would recommend Alaska Airlines particularly if your travels involve the west coast and smaller markets like Walla Walla, Spokane, Boise, etc..

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Alaska Airlines from Seattle to Kona is a great non-stop fight. The service is always with a smile and they make a long flight pleasant. I would prefer a wide-body aircraft but the excellent 737s are plenty smooth. Not much need for a window seat here so I prefer an isle. I usually like to upgrade for more legroom but I couldn't this flight. Beware the Gogo internet will not work over the ocean so don't waste your money like I foolishly did.