“Very good early morning flight”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great early morning flight. Check-in and boarding was good and flight left on time. flight was comfortable and the crew did and excellent job.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,711)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always good to fly Air New Zealand. The air crew are always excellent and fun. Flight was good although my wife and I were over flying as this was forth and final leg of of trip from Prague.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I traveled from Christchurch to Phuket, Thailand on an Air New Zealand ticket. As a Gold Airpoints member I am entitled to two checked bags. I rang Air NZ beforehand to double check it would be OK to take two bags on my holiday to Phuket, and was reassured this would be OK.

At check-in at Phuket Airport prior to my Silk Air flight to Singapore I was very annoyed that I was forced to pay an excess baggage fee of US$150 (NZ$235) for my second checked bag. Check in staff were very unsympathetic. It was explained that Silk Air (despite being an offshoot of Singapore Airlines) is not a member of the Star Alliance.

Naturally this was a very unpleasant surprise which put a dampener on my holiday experience. I complained to Air New Zealand but they took no responsibility for the false information they gave me prior to my travel, and offered no recompense.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank chriscollins61
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Before I start I should mention that although I bought my flight with air New Zealand it was operated by Singapore airlines.

This was my first flight alone, ant my first long haul so I was very anxious about the whole thing.

Checking in with my E-ticket and E-visa was a nightmare to be honest. As I arrived I was ushered by staff to use a self check in machine- this wouldn't work and despite asking several staff members to help me I still had no success. Finally I asked a staff member who was able to help, he explained that the reason the self check in wouldn't work is because I had an E-visa, and I would need to get in line to use the assisted check in- not a problem, in fact I felt more comfortable doing this- but it would have been nice to have been advised of this either through communications prior to my flight date or by someone on arrival; that way I wouldn't have spent 30 anxiety ridden minutes trying over and over again on a machine that Was never going to work for me. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the airline or the airport but I felt it's worth a mention.

Boarding and getting to my seat all went smoothly, everything was on time.
I was a little disappointed not to have a window seat after selecting this an option when buying my tickets, but I appreciate that there are a limited number. Also I was given a seat at the front of the cabin where I had more leg room than I knew what to do with, so that definitely made up for not having the window seat.

A blanket and pillow was provided for the journey and my seat was able to recline a little too- this made it very easy to sleep during the journey.
Also free earphones were provided for the entertainment system- this is a bonus as I know lots of airlines charge extra for them!
Toothbrushes, toothpaste And flight socks were handed out in little zip pouches which was a nice touch.

Good recent films were available to watch for free on the entertainment system and I managed to watch a film that I had been looking forward to seeing.

There were plenty of toilets on the plane and they were all clean and well stocked with the necessities.

The staff were helpful and friendly, and they attended very soon I pushed the button on several occasions ( I take medication which gives me a very dry mouth so I was constantly after a drink).

The food wasn't wonderful but definitely edible, it certainly beat my expectations of aeroplane food anyway. There were options available for any kind of dietary requirements which is good.

All in all the flight was a pleasant experience and I would happily fly with ANZ and Singapore airlines again.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Partnership flight, flew Cathay but first leg was with Air New Zealand, I had fractured my knee so asked if I could have a seat with more legroom, yes if you pay for it, so asked how much, said ok, but can not do that as no seats available on flights to Hong Kong or return, so why bother to give me a price for the two flights, not at all helpful, a bit rude, asked the same question at the airport, leg in brace with walking stick, it will cost you more, well can I do it please, no as none available.
My wife phoned Cathay before we left, gave them our flight number and explained about my knee, sorry to hear about your knee we have booked you both ways from Hong Kong to Rome with extra leg room, no charge.
Well done Cathay, would never use Air New Zealand as fount them rude.
The seats on Air NewZealand were small and hard, the seats on Cathay were soft a a bit larger.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)