“Premium Economy Melbourne to San Francisco”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 18 October 2018

My wife and I recently flew with Air New Zealand in Premium Economy class, from Melbourne to San Francisco (via transit in Auckland). We paid extra for the first row seats (seats 23A and 23B). The seats are spacious and the recline is adequate to get some proper sleep.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank PlanetOz
Write a ReviewReviews (9,711)

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I've had the experience to fly from Perth to Auckland couple weeks ago.
Due to some sort of maintenance Air NZ is warning you only couple of hours before your departure that your flight will be different from what you paid for.
Be ready on this Route to fly in a very old plane, with no room while seating, no entertainment, etc...
It happened twice in the last few months for me and one of my family member.
When I contacted customer service to explain I've spend thousands of dollars with Air NZ and I've been flying with them for 10 years... The service was far from what I paid for and that I was hoping for some compensation...
I've been told by Simone Lee at customer service, that they were sorry but there's nothing they would do about it.
Greatly disappointed about their customer care.
If you got to fly between Perth and Auckland, don't fly Air NZ guys. Get onto another airline that would probably be cheaper with a much greater customer service, plane and no last minute surprises.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

As always, a comfortable flight, attentive cabin crew, excellent service and a great flight crew. On time all the way. Couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Air NZ is way above Jetstar in level of professionalism and class. When flying to Queenstown I will ONLY fly Air NZ as my experience with Jetstar leaving Queenstown so bad I voweed never to fly them again.

If you book your flights for an afternoon make sure you book after 4.30pm and you get 'Koru hour' which means snacks with wine or beer for the entire flight! The rule with airlines is that if the bottle has been opened (wine) then whatever is left when they land MUST be tipped away! Therefore they are more than happy to keep refilling your glass during the flight!

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Everyone was raving about this company, so we decided to book flights to LAX from Brisbane. The service was terrible, the seats and the plane was tiny, you could barely walk to the toilet without waking someone because you knocked them. The food was terrible and the breakfast was only served 30mins before we landed in LA. We booked a sky couch and 3 other seats. They put 2 people in row 41 and the other 3 people in row 59, like seriously we are travelling as a family! It was not a good start to this exciting holiday. Would not recommend this airline to anyone!

Date of travel: September 2018