“One-up...... excellent idea”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 19 September 2018

On a recent holiday ( July / August 2018 ) we had 3 flights with Air NZ in just under 3 weeks.
We "one-uped" from economy to premium economy from London to LA. It cost us an extra 450 GBP per person, but was well worth the money.
The stewardess introduced herself and knew our names as we sat down. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was great, proper cutlery, real glassware, nice big seats, loads of legroom. A good selection of films on the entertainment system. Once food service was finished they set up a small bar in the galley. You could either help yourself to any of the drinks and snacks or order through your entertainment system and they brought them to you.
Flying from the Cook Islands to Auckland we used the One-up system again to upgrade from premium economy to business class. Only cost 100GBP each
Use of the lounge in the boarding airport..drinks, food, showers,
The seats make up into a lay flat bed if required.
Priority boarding, Champagne whilst the rest of the flight board.
Pre-meal drinks, wines with each course, cheese and port to finish the meal.
All excellent.
We had never flown anything other than economy before, so the one -up system lets you treat yourselves without blowing the budget.

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,721)

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

It was a comfortable flight from Auckland to Queens Town. The air hostess was friendly and the in flight entertainment was apt for the duration.

The flight allows 7kg of one hand luggage. If you have a checkin bag pre purchase is recommended. Also Air New Zealand has it's own separate domestic terminal in Auckland. If you are an international traveller follow the green line for terminal change. It will hardly take 10 minutes by walk. The checkin process is very easy and takes another 10 to 15 minutes at max.

Date of travel: July 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Visiting from Sydney , Australia Traveling from Wellington to Auckland - we had Great service, comfy seats , plane very full , went to toilet unfortunately at time turbulence was at its worst, I was thrown off the toilet seat into the wall. I was ok just in a bit of shock trying to gather myself.obviously not in a position to be able to pull pants up or stand up or do anything so I just had to sit there through it , most frustrating part was the hostess thumping on the door yelling out are you ok ? I felt as if she was going to burst in any moment. Anyway the rest of the 45 minute trip was fine.however different opinion traveling back from Auckland to Wellington, so we were extremely early to Auckland Airport 4 hrs , so there are 4 flights leaving to go to our destination before our flight and of course we didn’t plan to be this early but check out at hotel, then dropping hire care back and nerves , it happened. I asked Air New Zealand- even though we had non transferable tickets could we please take one of the 4 flights before ours if there were vacancies or cancellations or something like that - no no no of course not , had to sit in their airport for 4 hrs - absolute crap
Watching their empty seated planes take off - Rude / Unjustifiable, because of words on a ticket , I paid just as much actually more for my tickets than what I could have purchased them on the spot for - Shame on you Air New Zealand !!!
Next time would hire a car and do the drive.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Great service. Very friendly. The meals were good. We always fly with Air New Zealand and we`ve never been disappointed

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Pros: clean, most cabin crew welcoming, professionally operated, good overall experience
Cons: not a great deal of food options once onboard ( a fancy sandwich with cranberry sauce & Brie), would have killed for a simple toasted sandwich!!!
I recommend paying for the works as it includes a hot meal, I didn’t take option as I thought there would be more food options once onboard