“ANZ - NOT JUST FOR KIWIS”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I have flown on ANZ for a total of three round trips, and I think they are perhaps one of the best international carriers. My favorite being Air France. I thought both flights were excellent. Highlights include comfy complimentary blankets, red or white wines, a very delicious evening meal (breakfast not so much), and most importantly, courteous, gracious, friendly, professional flight attendants. Something new is the ability to book an entire row for yourself and/or your partner or child. I didn't notice many people doing it on the outbound flight to Raro, but coming back it seemed that many rows were taken by one or two people. I think being able to lie down during a long flight is an exceptional luxury, but I've made the trip six times, and I did okay sleeping in the airline seat. Even the economy seats are comfortable. For this long flight, I recommend a noise-canceling headset, an eye mask to block light, your own large container of water so that you don't have to bother the flight attendants and a moisturizing lip balm. Keep in mind that it will be very WARM if you are flying to Raro, so dress in layers that you can remove upon arrival.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,236)

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We traveled from Auckland to Singapore. It was a full flight and the plane was a Boeing 787?
There was no room in the seats, especially for a 10 hour flight.
We had to take it in turn to eat as two people could not easily eat at the same time. Whilst the attendants were courteous and polite, the food was very poor and once the food was served the flight attendants disappeared!!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I had never used Air New Zealand before, but I will again. I bought up to business class, but it was totally worth it. Super service with very professional attendants. Comfortable fold down seats. Good food selection.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 February 2018

What a difference to the carrier on the other leg of our journey. Air NZ aircraft was clean, comfortable and on board we received a lovely welcome that actually felt genuine. Our seats were perfect, spacious and very comfortable. In flight entertainment was excellent, the food was some of the best we have had on any airline, great choice, good quality and old fashioned service and values. Great. It’s nice to be made welcome and to have an enjoyable experience unlike our other leg with Cathay Pacific who were the total opposite - poor service, virtually inedible food. We will never fly Cathay again, for us it’s Air NZ first choice from now.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We were delayed both going and returning due to weather. On the outward flight we were put up in a hotel at their expense but on return we were stuck. No agent at airport, ticket office closed, customer service number held for 40 minutes with no answer, finally emailed the airline, immedreply to say that they would deal with the email in 15 days, in fact it was 18 when finally answered.
The flight was good, comfortable seats, good entertainment and very acceptable food.
If they could get their act together on the customer service side they would be excellent as the whole flight experience was very good