“Always a pleasure”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Although a shořt flight Air NZ staff are always very accomodating and friendly.
This goes for the ground staff as well.
Yet to have a bad experience with this airline and I have been travelling with them for 30 odd years.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (8,311)

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We travel to Sydney often and Air New Zealand has good fares; flying them does require a stop in Auckland, NZ which makes the trip longer. The domestic part of the trip was operated by United which was a good experience. The Air NZ part, from Houston to Auckland, was great; nice attendants, good food, and great in-flight choices for entertainment. The seats in economy aren't bad but I would recommend paying a little extra for picking your seats. Auckland to Sydney was just as good. We've flown other international airlines to Sydney as well and Air NZ is one of our favorites!

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

When my wife and I travel internationally, we’ve gotten to the point where we realize the importance of getting some sleep on the overseas flight in order to start you big trip out on a positive note-so on our first trip to New Zealand we splurged for 2 business-class seats along with about 48 others. The flight from LAX was about 13 hours and left at 9 pm so we had some dinner and still had more than 11 hours in which to get some rest.

The seats on out Boeing 777 were arranged in a 1-2-1 pattern with everyone’s feet facing the aisle in a herringbone pattern.

When you are ready for bed, The flight attendants fold the seats down totally flat, Place a 3” foam mattress down, and help you settle in with two down pillows and a light weight comforter. I’m six feet tall and even though there’s a cap at the end by your feet, I was able to get comfortable and got several hours of sleep (with an assist from ZzzQuil).

Unlike international flights with US-based carrier (HQ in Atlanta), the service was warm and friendly and they went out of their way to tread softly and not disturb people. The food was pretty good and I was impressed with the In-flight entertainment system.

Great service, a smooth flight, restful sleep-definitely worth the premium.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I had already booked this flight from Auckland to Sydney, however at the date of departure I had twisted my knee and it was quite painful, so when I got to the departure gate I spoke to one of the staff (William was his name, a large jovial guy from the Islands I believe) and explained my dilemma as I had booked an emergency exit seat, and may not have been a lot of help in the rare event of an emergency.

And he immediately said it was no problem and suggested I might like an aisle seat with a bit more legroom so I could stretch out my leg, and he booked me one there and then, with no problem whatsoever and with a big smile. Believe it or not he then came over to me a little later and said that he had moved me yet again to another seat with even more legroom near the bulkhead, and that was absolutely superb and allowed me plenty of room – – what great service.

Having said that, this airline is known for its great service and I have flown them on many occasions and this flight was no exception, because all of the cabin staff were fantastic, going about their jobs with a good word and a smile. Not only that I noticed that the ordinary seats allowed a little more legroom than those that I had previously experienced with other airlines.

The flight was smooth and on time and I can highly recommend Air New Zealand to anyone, simply because they are a great airline with great staff.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We flew Air New Zealand for the first time and had a terrific experience. Three flights in total: Houston>Auckland, and then on the return we flew Queenstown>Auckland>Houston.

It's worth mentioning I called with three separate questions prior to actually flying and their hotline team were also very kind, patient, smart, and helpful.

The flights themselves were smooth with extremely clean, comfortable planes and outstanding service. We enjoyed all the meals and slept pretty well considering we were in economy. The economy seats are spacious (for economy), the lighting is nice, the screens were filled with endless entertainment, and flights were always on time. Can't wait to fly with them again!