“Worst Customer Service Experience”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 16 January 2018

This was one of the worst travel experiences I have had. We were flying from Udaipur to Kochi through Delhi. In the Udaipur airport we were informed that due to weather (smog and smoke in Dehli), our flight was delayed. This makes sense and there is nothing the airline can do about it so no problems with the delay.

Because of the delay, we knew we were going to miss our connecting flight so tried to talk with someone at the airport to get help. There was only one representative from Air India and he told us that he could not help us and we would have to go to Delhi to figure things out.

After a nearly 5 hour delay, our flight took off and we made it to Delhi. Once in the airport, the real issues began. We had to go to three counters and talk to five airline representatives in order to get boarding passes for the next flight to Kochi (at 5 am the next morning). Once we finally had secured boarding passes, they told us we could get a hotel room for the night but they refused to reimburse us for our hotel room in Kochi that evening. When pushed, they sent us to a completely separate part of the airport to another Air India counter.

At this counter, we encountered 20 person lines and it took nearly an hour to speak with anyone about either our hotel that night or our hotel reimbursements. When we finally spoke with someone they couldn't help us with either thing and passed us off to two colleagues before finally we got to speak with a manager. The manager proceeded to tell us that not only would they not give us a hotel reimbursement, they would not give us a hotel for the night either. He said it was too late and there was no point in going to a hotel for 4-5 hours of sleep and suggested we just sleep in the airport. After we told him that that was unacceptable, he yelled at us and told us it was our fault.

It took us another 20-30 minutes to finally convince someone to get us a hotel room for the night - still not even a conversation about reimbursement for the hotel in Kochi. Because of all of the inefficiencies and incompetence, we got only a couple of hours of sleep which just added insult to injury in the whole process.

Thanks Air India for ruining nearly two days of our vacation!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,997)

Reviewed 16 January 2018

i was a little apprehensive about missing this flight as our jet airways flight from Jorhat was about 1 hour behind schedule due to fog in Delhi. Anyways we reached the check in after baggage scanning and proceeded to the departure gates. There we were in for a pleasant surprise. we were told that we had been upgraded to business class. the service, the food , drinks...non alcoholic were great. Thank you Air India !!!!!

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I am not a frequent flyer of Air India. But whenever I took their flight, I found it near upto my expectations, doesnt matter in which city I'm. Timely arrival, departures, check-in, boarding etc. One may not find young air hostess here, as per my experience. But that doesn't matter for me. Had a nice flight!
Note : A bit improvement is required on the looks & maintenance of the Air India flights.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Air India, is pretty good for flying internationally from India. The aircraft, a Boeing 777-ER, was clean and was maintained pretty well. Legroom was pretty good, and seat comfort was good enough to go ahead and get some sleep on this flight. The entertainment selection was all right, though it was quite outdated. It had an episode of Shark Tank on there, from Season 6 if I recall correctly. Not a big deal, as it's at least something, and the selections you have to choose from are pretty good. They have Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Night at the Museum 2: Battle at the Smithsonian, Shrek, Dark Knight Rises, under Classic Movies - English, to name a few. TV has Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Big Bang Theory, to name some under there. Music has all Bollywood soundtracks, as far as I am aware. So there's a good selection, in that regard. Food quality was at least decent, to say the least. Personally, I'm no fan of airline food, but the day after I came home, I read that sense of smell and taste are reduced at cruising altitude, so that's probably why. Service was good, though we did have someone needing a wheelchair and it was kinda slow to get it to the gate, but I can't blame them. After all, it does take time for it to get to the gate, with everyone filing out. In all, for a state carrier, it is a pretty good airliner, even with its flaws that cause people to dislike it. Though I must say, I can see why one of those flaws, cause people to dislike it: delays. It was delayed for quite some time. One flaw that really bugs me, is that when you are a transfer passenger, the gate is not printed on your boarding pass. These things make it hard to suggest, despite liking my experience with Air India, as a whole.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

The flight was a good experience, as it appears to have improved from its earlier dubious reputation. The checkin was smooth and quick, the boarding too. The crew were as usual indifferent and not too courteous. Just a sandwich was served on board this flight. This was a jumbo jet coming from Jeddah going to Mum via Hyd. On arriving at Mum, a long wait for the baggage was very gruelling. However, Air India has been a good experience.