“Premium Economy-not really”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flights were approximately 11 hours each way. Our check-ins were easy in both directions. The crews on both flights were professional and attentive to passengers. My disappointment is due to the Economy Premium upgrade which was not comparable to other Economy Premium/Plus flights we have flown on other airlines. Air France seats were very uncomfortable. We had bulkhead seats on one flight so there was no seat in front to keep a tote nearby. On long flights I like to have my tote bag with puzzle book, tablet etc. The seat is like a mini recliner. There is an extension for your legs but it is so small and only raises about 45 degrees so your feet seem to just hang there and I am only 5' 3". On our return flight we had the last seats in a section so our seats would not recline. I do not believe those seats should be classified as Premium Economy. They definitely were not worth the extra cost.

1  Thank 7warrena
Write a ReviewReviews (22,835)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Id say the service is OK, all the flights were on time but the leg room was certainly below average compared to other long haul carriers. Ran out of food options by the time they reached the back of the plane which I felt wasn't great considering all they had was shellfish.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Without warning the first leg of the flight , Montreal to Paris , was delayed 4 hours. My travel agent sent me an update 1 hour before we arrived at the gate but NO! We then realized that our connection to Tel Aviv would be missed , and we were right. So a 7.5 hour layover in Paris. In the L section .poor restaurants except for Pret a Manger. Duty Free sold only perfume , liquor or chocolates.. We demanded and got a voucher for 15 Euros from a very reluctant AF agent.But the worst was yet to come. The plane from Paris to Tel Aviv: my seat was at the back against the toilet. No reclining , no leg room , no window , and: NO video , audio or plug in!! Nothing to pass the time. The meal was an unrecognizeable grey mush..
I will Never fly Air France again!!

2  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

They're pretty sleazy when it comes to trying to gouge their customers are an extra $50. My carry-on was 3 kilos over. I probably could have taken out a packed jacket and compact umbrella and put them on and tossed a bag of pretzels and some toothpaste, but they made me check the bag for an extra $50. They were randomly selecting people and I saw people with what appeared to be much heavier bags than mine carrying them on. Shame on Air France!

2  Thank futurevacationer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

See previous review under "What a Way to Fly". This review adds photos to my earlier review. Sat in Economy Comfort class.