“Worst Air Line experience ever”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I travelled premium economy from Melbourne to Paris via Canton. there was a 4 hour delay and as a result of the very short layover, both my and my husband's luggage was lost.
My husband received his luggage while we still in France 3 days later. Mine was not recovered until 4 weeks later when I returned home despite my daily phone calls and complaints trying to get my luggage back. I spent nearly $2000 replacing the entire contents on my bag for a four week long European holiday.
When I first reported my baggage lost I was promised I would be compensated.
Since returned home and sending email after email and all receipts and my bank details, I have never been compensation, 6 MONTHS LATER.
I have since discovered hundreds of similar complaints all over their facebook page and on trip advisor.
Besides the extreme frustration of this issue, the other issue was that on my return flight they refused to cater for my husband who has a nut allergy which was clearly indicated when I selected my meal preferences. The flight over to Paris was fine and we were looked after well. But upon return we were given two meals options both contained either nuts or sauces that contained peanut oil. In the end he was offered a cup of noodles.
This was by far my worst flying experience and I will NEVER fly with airfrance again.

2  Thank Amy L
Write a ReviewReviews (17,129)

Reviewed 23 February 2018

When we were young, Air France used to be our national pride. The flight attendants were all young and tall blondes women with class. The food was gastronomical, the cheese selection was brilliant. Now all they know is about strike, there is never enough money to satisfy them. Last time I fled to Oslo, they told me in the last day that they cancelled the flight due to strike, I almost missed the other 2 legs of my flight if I didn't catch the train. Then the refund took half a year and with a pittance of 70€, not even half of the ticket. At the moment of writing this, they have been on strike again. I normally wouldn't fly with them again but I bought the ticket from KLM, I didn't know the two airlines become partners. During this flight with them, the same old cliché, indifferent service, a little biscuit and drink, no entertainment to speak of. I have to avoid them next time.

2  Thank 694michellev
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Air France may be the best airline in Europe. Excellent staff, good food, good selection of movies. The seats are good, but not excellent. I had to use a pillow to support my lower back, when the seat was half reclined.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We had booked an Premium Economy flight from Nuremberg via Paris to Mexico City. At the Airport we got the surprise to got upgraded to BusinessClass from Paris to Mexico on the mighty A380. Normale as German you are not really welcomed by French people. But in the last years I don't feel anymore this angry between both nations. Our FlightAttendants at our flight to Mexico City had been very friendly and helpful. It was our first time in BusinessClass. Excellent food. Excellent drinks.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

The journey was not enjoyable at all.. When I have to spend 13 hours on plane I expected to have movies to watch.. what they have are those old movies that you have probably seen and do not want to watch again.

2  Thank libraf2018