“Had the Plane All to Ourselves”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Consider flying to the US from London to Philadelphia, since the plane was seemingly empty. We breezed through customs with no line, since we were the only plane that landed at that time.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (22,298)

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I have booked the tickets directly on Air France website where I have selected my meal preference. Not to mention that I am a frequent traveler enrolled in the Air France program and I have chosen my meal selection to vegan since I have enrolled.
It doesn't matter to Air France. I was shocked to understand that nobody cared about my request and that I was supposed to eat a meat omelette in the morning flight from Bucharest to Paris. I've been told by the main stewardess that probably I didn't confirmed my meal request with at least 48 hours before the flight and that is why I haven't received my vegan option. I have made the request at least a month BEFORE!!! The same happened at the return flight with my lunch - I did check again the meal options, etc, more than 48 hours before the flight - it didn't matter - the lunch I was suppose to be served was a meat lunch. The good thing about the return flight from Paris to Bucharest was that they at least had an extra vegetarian lunch that they could offer. But I am very disappointed by AIr France customer care - I want to tell them at least not to offer the "meal options" - this way people would know exactly that with Air France is impossible to follow their dietary preferences.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The premium economy class of AF is indeed a premium. Comfortable seats with nice legroom and a good headphone (noise reduction). Food was excelent.
Service was average but ok.
Boarding was dreadful as the flight was delayed but no updates were given until we're already lined up for boarding and had to wait for about 45 minutes with could have been spend in the lounge instead!

2  Thank hjwd2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Normal service on board this flight. Unfortunately the flight was delayed resulting in a shorter transfer at Paris CDG. Although the time was still sufficient and the connecting flight was delayed by the same time as the incoming flight they managed to have my luggage to miss my connecting flight. For such a respectable air line and airport this is a pitty.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Not all premium economy cabins are created equal. Premium economy on the AF A340 is still better than regular economy, but not as nice and spacious as on the A380. The A340 aircraft definitely show their age, but still an enjoyable flight (as long as you don't try to sleep in the chair). The fixed shell seat does not recline, but rather slouches/slides....you either love it or you hate it, it's about 50/50.

2  Thank Mr_5_Senses