“They don't care about you”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My issue is firstly with the Charles de Gaulle airport.
Our reservation said terminal 2e,once we arrived we were told to go to terminal 2f,quite distant,and the back to 2e for embarkation...without any advice.
Once we got to the gate,we did not hear the change of gate (
Our fault?) .Finally tried to go on the second gate,at this point pretty annoyed (We are both 73 years old,widely traveled).The person at the gate considered me aggressive and threatened me not to a
let me in the flight ,wow.The supervisor walked us to the plane and introduced us to ...security
! Fortunately the person,
Mary,treated us like passengers and not potential criminals .
The issue is nobody in Air France
airport staff showed any inter
est in hearing us out. Adieu Air France

2  Thank marcio K
Write a ReviewReviews (14,019)

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The flight experienced a malfunction and was cancelled but the service provided to find new alternatives was non existent ... it took 4 hours wit the service desk for the whole flight being manned by one poor Czech customer service provider trying her best. The queue just grew and grew and customers were gettting more and more aggressive with no steps taken by AF to do anything. I said to one AF persons who just popped in and didn't stay to help that she should call the managing director to make sure the front line staff were properly looked after.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank Val N
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is about my 17 year old son, who travelled alone from AMS to PLZ. His flight from AMS-CDG was delayed so he missed his connecting flight to JNB. He was not offered a hotel because he was a minor and was not allowed to leave the airport (?!) They put him in a desolated lounge at 01:00 AM and told him he had to leave there around 06.00 AM. His flight would only be at 23.25 PM. Early in the morning I was able to arrange a room for him in the Yotel in the terminal, not thanks to the efforts of Air France. When he arrived in JNB the next morning, his luggage did not make it, therefore he had to do the paperwork in JNB and missed his connecting flight. Luckily he could take another flight (arranged by himself) later in the afternoon to PLZ, where he arrived after a trip of 45 hours. Still without luggage. Now a week later, his backpack is probably on it's way to JNB and will maybe arrive in PLZ sometime. Trying to find someone at Air France who feels responsible for the mess is virtually impossible. They all hide behind their procedures and basically tell you to solve it on your own (=get lost). Ik have booked an AF flight to CPT late November, really looking forward to it.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
3  Thank LTGuide
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I flew on Air France for the first time going from LAX to PPT and I had a pleasant experience and will most likely fly with them again. Returning from PPT I was disappointed as my monitor didn't work so I had to sit thru an 8 1/2 hour flight with no entertainment. Besides that I had no other issues.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Recently flew the AF A380 in business round trip IAD to CDG. The food both ways was some of the worst I’ve ever experienced on an airline in business and the seats were extremely uncomfortable. The seats are not lie flat and are quite angled so it is very difficult to get comfortable to sleep. The aircraft was not clean and was showing obvious signs of wear. Definitely needs a refresh. Crew was efficient but not friendly.
As usual the flight was delayed leaving Paris. I chose this flight because the fare was extremely good but would much rather fly United or Delta in the future.

3  Thank Francis R