“Poor customer service and lack of care for a minor”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is about my 17 year old son, who travelled alone from AMS to PLZ. His flight from AMS-CDG was delayed so he missed his connecting flight to JNB. He was not offered a hotel because he was a minor and was not allowed to leave the airport (?!) They put him in a desolated lounge at 01:00 AM and told him he had to leave there around 06.00 AM. His flight would only be at 23.25 PM. Early in the morning I was able to arrange a room for him in the Yotel in the terminal, not thanks to the efforts of Air France. When he arrived in JNB the next morning, his luggage did not make it, therefore he had to do the paperwork in JNB and missed his connecting flight. Luckily he could take another flight (arranged by himself) later in the afternoon to PLZ, where he arrived after a trip of 45 hours. Still without luggage. Now a week later, his backpack is probably on it's way to JNB and will maybe arrive in PLZ sometime. Trying to find someone at Air France who feels responsible for the mess is virtually impossible. They all hide behind their procedures and basically tell you to solve it on your own (=get lost). Ik have booked an AF flight to CPT late November, really looking forward to it.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
3  Thank LTGuide
Write a ReviewReviews (14,060)

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I flew on Air France for the first time going from LAX to PPT and I had a pleasant experience and will most likely fly with them again. Returning from PPT I was disappointed as my monitor didn't work so I had to sit thru an 8 1/2 hour flight with no entertainment. Besides that I had no other issues.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Recently flew the AF A380 in business round trip IAD to CDG. The food both ways was some of the worst I’ve ever experienced on an airline in business and the seats were extremely uncomfortable. The seats are not lie flat and are quite angled so it is very difficult to get comfortable to sleep. The aircraft was not clean and was showing obvious signs of wear. Definitely needs a refresh. Crew was efficient but not friendly.
As usual the flight was delayed leaving Paris. I chose this flight because the fare was extremely good but would much rather fly United or Delta in the future.

3  Thank Francis R
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The flight to Lyon was delayed by a couple of hours which is understandable but the leg room in economy, 737 jet, was just not acceptable! I was seated in the last row, #30, thankfully an isle seat for it it was not I would not be able to sit down. I had to straddle the seat in front of me and at times I was able to stretch out my aisle leg to give me some relief. Thankfully the person in front did not put their seat back! In flight service was okay and thankfully it was a rather short flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Smoltman
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Had a short connection and my bag did not make it. I was travelling again the next day and told them I needed the bag that day. It was put on a fight okay but did not get delivered

Poor communication throughout, when I got home again the bag had been left with a neighbour

Actual flight was good but you are judge on what you do when things go wrong

2  Thank Peter W