“Great service and cleaning during COVID”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 29 September 2020

Throughout the pandemic (Sept 2020), I needed to book a one-way flight from Winnipeg to Toronto and Air Canada offered many flights on the day I needed. They weren't the cheapest option but they've been good service in the past so I figured I would try them again and I was really glad that I did. They were knowledgable about their procedures, they wore their masks/gloves and took cleaning and distancing very seriously. When I boarded the plane, they provided a ziploc with information about how they're taking cleaning protocols seriously, they provided a mask in a package, gloves, hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, headphones, pretzels and a small water bottle. Since I picked the "cheapest" option available from Air Canada, they made me feel like I was more than just economy. They offered in flight entertainment, the seat beside me was not booked and everything ran on time. I was really impressed and will definitely be flying with them again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (26,556)

Reviewed 28 September 2020

Canceled my flight and refused to give a refund. Called multiple times and unfortunately, the customer service was rude, disrespectful, and unhelpful. Would strongly advise against flying with Air Canada.

Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

We flew home, direct from Vancouver to Toronto. On the previous flights from Toronto to Saskatoon, and Saskatoon to Vancouver, we had our temperatures taken. Not so on our return flight home. I always make sure my carry on luggage conforms to airline regulations. There was a on suitcases that were definitely oversized, 3 backpacks, and 2 laptop bags. They filled the overhead storage for 3 rows. Luckily ours fit under the seats in front of us.

On the flight we were given a plastic bag with a small water bottle, a tiny package of pretzels, a mask, headphones and hand sanitizer. Only soft drinks and coffee was served during the 4.5 hour flight.

Reviewed 26 September 2020

We have used AirCanada now and then but this was our first trip south with this airline. We had an issue with our name spelling as they appeared on our tickets vs our passports. Air Canada Vacations was friendly and helpful to correct this.

Our in/out flights were uneventful. We did get a CleanCare+ pouch that contained hand sanitizer, mask, water, etc… but inflight service offerings were limited to soft drinks and tea/coffee - why not offer prepackaged meals?

The flight attendants seemed pretty grumpy - not even a smile while working through their routine - but as a bonus 4 or 5 announcements on the PA to wear face covering… every 30/40 min or so… everyone on the flight was respectful and wearing it - why so many announcements and advising that authorities and Transport Canada would be advised if someone was not following the rule… one announcement would have been sufficient.

Air Canada appears to have a temporary monopoly on certain routes especially south - until Transat and Sunwing reappear later this fall - in the meantime AirCan can get away with further reduced services.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 22 September 2020

Wont reimburse their customers. Why do I have to endure the burden of lending free money to air Canada?

Date of travel: March 2020
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.