“Happy”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 18 January 2019

Those flying on this flight should know that there is a chance that it will leave from the farthest reaches of terminal 1 at Pearson, which means that there is a possibility that they will have to walk to the plane outside. Not a big deal really, and we did it in the middle of January, and it wasn't too cold, though some people might want to look into keeping their jackets with them.

Other than that it was a straightforward flight. We were traveling with a baby but our flight attendant (Chelsea) said to ask her for anything to make it easier. As it was he slept for about 90% of the 2h30m flight. We were happy with the flight.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (26,976)

Reviewed 18 January 2019

On Jan 9th flight was delayed at Winnipeg airport, due to that I was rerouted twice at Toronto airport and in all the melee my 2 checked-in baggage's are lost! I did not receive them yet, it's Jan 18th today!!
Call center did not take any action on lost baggage complaint and do not give any right updates!!

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank Mohammed E
Reviewed 18 January 2019

Direct flight of about 13.5 -14 hours . Convenient timings . Got into flight , dinner shortly afterwards, saw a bunch of movies and crashed out . Staff was efficient.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

It was a horrible experience. The flight was delayed to Toronto. Poor service wrt providing facilities before the connecting flight to Pittsburgh. A lay over of over 7 hrs. They gave an option for a hotel at Toronto which was quite a distant away from the airport. Looked like it was an option which they knew many people will not go for as the additional travel and effort didn’t make sense for 2 to 3 hours of sleep
Few sentences to say we apologize for the delay and nothing more from the airline.
After such a long haul flight all I could do was sit and wait for the next flight.
Poor show #AirCanada and #StarAlliance

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank Vishtraveller
Reviewed 18 January 2019

Air Canada Has Zero Customer Service!

I paid to upgrade to seats that were described as Preferred Seats for my wife and myself on our way home from our honeymoon. These were the worst seats I have ever had on a flight and added to the worst customer experience of our lives.

At no time did the flight staff ensure that all passengers sitting at the emergency exit on the flight were able to speak and understand English or French, or explain what we would be responsible for if an emergency were to arise.

During the flight, multiple passengers gathered in front of us kicking our feet, talking and disrupting us. The flight staff did nothing to resolve the issue, and it continued all the way home. I even asked them to try and do something as we were disrupted continuously in our "Preferred Seats". I would have paid triple that to not sit in those seats. The flight staff supervisor who finally took the time to speak to me at the end of the flight informed me that there was a complaint logged in her flight log.

This is not the biggest of issues, but we were one of the last to board, and there was no reserved storage for any of our carry on, not even my wife's purse. This would have not of been as big of an issue if it were not for your the insulting flight staff.

We then boarded our last flight from Montreal to Ottawa, and we thought the worst was behind us...

We were kept on the flight and were told that the staff were attempting to find luggage for passengers who did not make a connecting flight, this delay took forever

The flight was then delayed because they stated there was a maintenance issue with the plane and we would have to de-board. When we got back to the terminal, the staff then announced it could be a quick fix and they will keep us on the plane, about an hour later they then informed us that we would have to de-board and make new arrangements.

There was no one directing passengers on what they should be doing or where and when instructions were provided they were wrong or misleading. Constant staff informed us there was nothing they could do and that we should, call or speak to someone else at a different location.

It took well over an hour for us to receive our luggage making it almost impossible for us to make other travel accommodations to arrive at our required destination, and when I did collect my luggage the retractable handle was ripped off and one of the support poles was jammed halfway making it difficult to move around a busy airport.

There were no more flights back to Ottawa and Air Canada informed us that we can take a bus and that they would reimburse os for the cost and provided us with the contact infomration we would need to submit our claim, and in the end, Air Canada did not refund me for the bus tickets and informed me that I would have to take my luggage to get it repaired at one of their repair centers. They did nothing about all the other issues besides issue a refund of $22.00 for what they said is the cost of our flight from Montreal to Ottawa.

Do not fly Air Canada, you will be on your own for any issues you may have, and their customer service will say no regardless of the degree of the issue.

Date of travel: December 2018
2  Thank robyow717
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.