“First time with AC”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice seats , goods service , great lounge at Toronto wil fly again , only the flight from LAS to Toronto was mediocre

Write a ReviewReviews (18,043)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flying the new Boeing 787-900 in Business Class is bound to be good The cabin crew was very professional and provided really good service. During boarding the cabin was very hot due to Copenhagen Airport not providing the correct service. The aircanada pod seating was very private but still roomy. Food was generally good but a bit predictable. The coffee was very flat and the bread was not very tasty. I asked for some fresh fruit , an apple or banana but that was not available. they had some fruit with the prepared meals...

BUT, and here it is.. in the year 2018 it is a bit embarrassing that and airline like air Canada does not have wifi service on a brand new airplane like the dreamliner.

All in all a very average business class experiences. I dont feel that Air Canada adds a lot to the very good dreamliner experience. Where is the air Canada added value?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This flight was comfortable, fast and thankfully the in flight entertainment worked (it didn’t on the way out). Cabin crew were okay but not as good as the outward flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rarely do I find a flight that deserves HIGH praise, but Air Canada’s Flight# 27 from Toronto’s Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to Shanghai’s Pudong Airport (PVG) certainly does. It turned a dreaded event into a better than tolerable event.

First, some background –We did our own planning for this 32-day sojourn to China, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Japan, and Washington and Oregon in the US. Due to the complexity of the airline scheduling we (for the first time) used a travel agency (Fox Travel in Oshkosh, WI) to actually book the flight. (Kim Wilke, from Fox did an outstanding job for us).

In our research, we found that the best approach for us was to take a bus from Madison to Chicago’s O’Hare Airport (ORD), then fly to Toronto’s Pearson Airport (YYZ) and then take Air Canada’s Flight #27 to Shanghai’s Pudong International Airport (PVG). The cost, despite the extra flight, was some $800 LESS than a comparable flight from ORD to PVG. Shocking! But worth the extra time and effort.

However, life brings unexpected changes. When we planned this trip, we lived in Madison, WI, but by the time we boarded our first leg of the trip, we lived in UT. We found that due to the nature of the tickets we had purchased (non-refundable) it was less expensive to book an extra flight from Las Vegas (LAS) to ORD than to simply rebook the initial planned trip.

So, we found ourselves in ORD eager to depart for Toronto and Shanghai. Our first, and most pleasant, surprise came at the Air Canada ticketing counter, where we met with very efficient, helpful and friendly service.

The second surprise followed immediately – I needed a wheelchair. I have come to expect a long wait before the chair arrives and the reason for the delay is obvious – the person pushing the chair has an attitude – one that dictates as slow a pace as one can execute.

The surprise was a young man named Jerry, whose every movement and word was filled and dictated by enthusiasm. As we moved through the departure process, Jerry was, most appropriately, greeting each person by name with a warm and personal greeting. And every movement was made with speed and precision.

I have NEVER enjoyed the departure process so much. Thanks, Jerry! Hope you plans for the future come true! I am sure they will!

The third surprise, and the subject of this review, was the flight itself. Flight# 27 was to be a direct, overnight flight from YYZ to PVG without stops, taking 14 hours and 45 minutes. It departs at 13:45 and is scheduled to arrive at 16:10. The aircraft is a Boeing 777-200LR.

Due to previous experience (we travel to Shanghai relatively frequently), which has meant crowded and very uncomfortable seating, we had decided to book premium economy seats at a cost of only $250 for each of us.

THAT, decision to upgrade, was the absolute key to our experience! The seats were really quite comfortable. The seats are wider and leg room was about 4” greater than economy. Service certainly does not reach the level provide the business or first-class ticket holder, but the added attention, fresh juice and hot towels, were all appreciated and made the trip much more enjoyable.

Unfortunately, the person sitting in front of me stayed in a fully reclined position for more than 9 hours of the 14-hour flight, greatly limiting the time that I could use productively on my computer (due to my girth and the size of the computer, I needed him to stay upright).

The one glaring error of Air Canada Airlines dealt with the food. Not the “normal” fare which was very good, but the special diet fare. I am diabetic. The doctors have recently put me on a high protein and very strictly controlled carb diet. My carb intake is to be 40 grams of carbs at each meal. Not more, nor less!

We had tried to request that diet from Air Canada in advance. The best we were able to achieve was to order the “diabetic” alterative menu.

Each of the meals I was served was admittedly a low-calorie meal. But it achieved that by severely restricting the amount of proteins, while the carbs were very HIGH! For instance, the evening meal consisted of a small piece of fish (instead of a larger serving of beef or chicken) and a larger serving of rice (about1.5 cups) instead of potatoes.

Air Canada's dietician obviously thought the “fresh tropical fruit” cup was a healthy choice, without looking at the carb count.

When I pointed out the meal situation to the flight attendants, they were quick to offer an alternative – the “normal” meals. I accepted.

The other, even more minor, complaint was the lack of diet sodas other than Diet Coke or Coke Zero. While I can almost accept that Diet Pepsi cannot be offered, I wonder why diet Sprite or diet Barq’s Root Beer (both Coke products) cannot be.

Therefore, while Air Canada did not provide a perfect experience, they did provide an outstanding product! Their personnel at the counters and on the plane are to be congratulated and THANKED. Their performance was SUPERB!

If you are in the Midwest and planning a trip to China, we would suggest you consider using Air Canada in general and Flight# 27 in particular.

We MOST HIGHLY recommend it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent flight, however the Red Eye made it impossible for my wife and I to get any sleep. Also space limited. Felt cramped. Flew on 767-300