“Not a great welcome home.”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Outbound to Tokyo Haneda (Flight 01) was really nice. Staff was courteous, helpful, just the right level of attentiveness. Food was served with friendly attitude, and they managed to remember the details of my request (tomato juice no ice with a slice of lemon) by the third beverage offering.
Return flight to Toronto (02), however, was a bit lack lustre. One male attendant stood out looking really dishevelled and needing a bath, shampoo and change of shirt. The service level was comparatively less than satisfactory. They also ran out of blankets, just one between my husband and I. We also had to wipe down the window using baby wipes of whatever that blotchy filmy substance was left there.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,599)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We have flown air Canada a number of times in the past few years with few problems. I would advise avoiding connecting in Toronto. It takes over an hour and a lot of walking to clear customs. It is a bit unorganized and repetitious. No fault of Air Canada.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Washington to London via Toronto flights were on time and service was generally good. This was my first experience with Air Canada and I have no complaints.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very good flight specially when you can reserve to rows with 2 seats , lots of space and good service in the plane. A bit more than 5 hours to go , no turbulences , Riviera Nayarit a great place to visit!!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was on a connecting flight with a longer lay-over. This was intended. The connection however, got canceled after waiting 3 hours on the runway - according to the airline due to weather conditions at LGA. None of my people in NY could confirm there were issues... Communication was horrible (not entirely the airlines fault) and 100s of people were sent to the kiosk after re-entering Canada. After standing in line for an hour someone came along stating that we would not have to wait here if we were on a canceled flight. We would not get tickets/rebookings here. We would have to go to "the white phones" to call service desks. Obviously, another couple 100 people have already been sent there and waiting in line. I was waiting there for another 1,5 hours when I got an email informing about being rebooked to a flight the next morning. So there I was another 14 hours away to get to my destination. No info on accommodation or any kind of voucher. I booked a hotel (there were only a handful of available rooms left in airport surroundings. I had to be back at 4:45am, so not an option to find a cheaper solution.

General review: seats in economy are tight, no legroom, backrest is thin - you feel every knee punching into your back, entertainment system is lacking a remote control which means you can get constant head punches as some people don't know how to use touch screens softly especially when playing a game.

Food always ran out when they got to me, so take it or leave it. I even was skipped once although I was awake and looking / waiting to get something. At first I thought she was only moving her cart to readjust, but then she continued with the next rows. She didn't react when I asked for it again. It was a bit awkward - then again the wrap they served was not worth asking for it a third time.

The airline has not reacted professionally to my reqeust on the cancelation/rebooking. But concerning the space you have on the planes and service they offer, I would not use them again nor would I recommend anyone else does.

1  Thank Stephan L