“Got what I was Expecting, a comfortable and decent flight.”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 25 June 2018

As I was flying out to Canada for the first time, I was looking forward to a comfortable journey without any hassles and delays and that's what I got. The in-flight entertainment service was good and so was the food offered. Upon reaching Vancouver, I missed my connecting flight to Kamloops due to a delay in take off from Incheon but nonetheless I was provided an alternative flight without much delay. Would highly recommend this flight to other students and professionals travelling to Kamloops.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,262)

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I opted for Premium Economy. It is an expensive way to get more leg room. The food is a bit better and you get actual cutlery. The service is just as indifferent as in regular economy. You also get to chose your seats and bring two suitcases without paying a premium. However, the seats are not any wider than in economy because they have dividers the hold the screen and tray.
Our flight was over an hour late leaving Tokyo which meant we arrived in Toronto just as the airport was closing due to weather. We flew to Montreal, sat on the runway for an hour and a half, then flew back to TO. We had ordered wheelchairs. They arrived at the plane in good time but we were told we had to wait 60 to 90 minutes (at least) in order to be escorted through customs and immigration. I was told I would have to wait that long in order to use a handicap washroom. So I limped into baggage claim, fought my way through the crowd, and hauled bags with a broken arm.
This is not our first choice in airlines. All of the of the recent flights we have had on Korean, Japan, China and China Eastern have provided much better service.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Air Canada has the worst customer service on the planet. How unhelpful can anyone in customer service be?!?

I booked via United from SAN to YYZ and the flight was partnered with Air Canada. The booking of the United portion was straightforward and uneventful. However, I aas unable to reserve my seat for the Air Canada legs of the trip. Turns out Air Canada assigned me 3 seats in 3 different rows. Really??? A family of three ought to be able to get seats together, right? WRONG!

OK, easy fix I told myself. Just call the airline and they'll take care of me. Yeah, right!
What a joke. United said they had no access to Air Canada's website and that I should call them directly. On hold with Air Canada for well over 30 minutes. When I finally reach someone, I'm told I need to pay to move seats. After much grumbling I reluctantly do that. So I think everything is set. WRONG AGAIN! The agent books seats in different rows again. I call up Air Canada again. Wait again 30 minutes. I get the "you need to pay us again if you want to change seat assignments". Really?!? You screw up and I need to pay for your mistake?

Now here's the kicker: the agent tells me that my original seats have bee "rescinded" because of an aircraft change and my rows do not exist! I go on their website and sure enough I see the rows do not even exist! Rows 22-30 are non-existent.

So I ask to talk to a supervisor and am told there isn't one. It is a call center and they have no supervisors. I know that's not correct but that's the lies I'm given. I call back and the same. So I call United and speak to an agent there. She was really helpful and promised she would get to the bottom of it. She is put on hold with Air Canada for over 30 minutes. She came back to me and was astonished at what she classified as rudeness on Air Canada's part towards her! She tells me she tried to conference a call in with the Air Canada agent and the agent for Air Canada refused.

This airline is a joke. The lack of understanding by the staff at the foreign call center coupled with the nonsensical reasoning and insensitivity is just mind boggling.

OK, I get it; Canada is miffed at the US for the NAFTA and tariff stuff; just don't take it out on me!!!!! Sheesh!

I'll never fly them again.

Date of travel: June 2018
2  Thank ZeppyAlpine_CA
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Excellent service throughout the flight. Cabin crew worked tirelessly and provided a
seamless service. I would highly recommend Air Canada to anyone.

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

On hearing that my flight from Montreal to Heathrow was on a new Boeing 787, I expected an improvement over the comfort of the 777 that I had flown out on.

The 787 does offer some improvements, with larger windows that are electronically darkened, and a whole 0.1" increase in the size of the entertainment screen but, on the whole, these don't add much to the flight experience. The staff on the homeward flight were equally good (in fact, slightly better) at their jobs compared to those on the outward leg and the food and entertainment were also virtually unchanged

However, the seating on the 787 was considerably worse than that on the 777 and I found I actually had less leg room on a seat that seemed physically narrower on the newer aircraft. While I had a window seat on both flights, the 777 was considerably more comfortable, allowing me to doze for much of the flight - not something there was any risk of on the 787.

None of this was necessarily the Airline's fault, but give me the Boeing 777 any day

Date of travel: June 2018