“Good flight”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Clean cabin, good seats, and good service too from cabin crew,
Flight was on time,
A good experience overall!

Write a ReviewReviews (12,882)

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I am very respectful of the fact that the staff and crew of airlines have a great deal of pressure on them and that their jobs are very difficult. However, in this particular case the way I was treated by one particular crew member left much to be desired. I honestly wish I had been able to catch her name.

As she was serving dinner, I asked her whether or not there was wi-fi service on the flight (it had not been announced and was not posted anywhere). This was a flight that was well over ten hours long, and every other airline that I have traveled with (and I commute for work a lot, so I have a fair amount of experience with various airlines everything from Delta to Emirates), has some form of communication services on flights that long, even if only for the portion that is over North America. She responded that no, there was not – I was caught completely off guard by this, and didn’t even know really what to say (as not having such a service on THIS long a flight in this day and age left me somewhat flabbergasted), and muttered something about “an 11 hour flight with no wifi? That’s not …normal?”. She then proceeded to look at me as if I was something lower than dirt, basically laugh in my face, dropped on hand to my shoulder as if she was patting an insolent child on the head and said “do you have any idea how long we have been without wi-fi?”. I can only assume that she was talking about herself and her fellow crew mates. However, that does not make her response – or her unwelcome and patronising physical contact any more professional.

It was extremely clear from her response that she took me for a self-centered millennial who selfishly couldn’t live for a day without her snapchat. This could not in fact be further from the truth; I was upset about the lack of communication because I am an extremely frightened flyer (one could go so far as to say terrified), I have mild claustrophobia, and travelling alone with 500 strangers in cramped quarters has been known to send me into low level panic attacks and definitely bursts of tears that have nothing to do with drama, added to the fact that the anxiety keeps me from being able to sleep properly on long flights. Over the years that I’ve been required to travel for work, I have become used to relying on in flight wifi in order to be able to communicate with my family and fiancé so that they can keep me calm during what for me is a hellish experience.

Now, there is no way that the attendant could possibly have known that, and I wouldn’t expect her to, but her nasty snap judgement was hurtful and very offensive. Even if I *had* just been a privileged new-ager whining about not being able to check facebook I didn't deserve that reaction. No one likes to have their concerns laughed at, and no one deserves to be treated like a child. I’ve spent a lot of time in customer service, a lot of years of which were doing a job that dealt with inquiries and reactions that were exactly like my own; and the first thing we were taught in those situations is that no matter how stupid you think the question is, or how many times you’ve heard it, you do not insult your clients or your guests. This woman did both.

She maintained that attitude towards me for the rest of the flight, even though I had immediately apologized for apparently offending her (even though it was me that was offended), she ignored me during water service, nearly ran over my foot with the beverage cart once without so much as a breath of acknowledgement, and continued to look at me as if I was something beneath her attention when she did serve me at all.

All of this made an already stressful experience for me even more so. Despite the fact that the rest of the crew was quite lovely.

This is FAR from the first time I've had an encounter with AC staff just being plain nasty and not caring at all about their customers. Their staff needs serious sensitivity training and customer service skills to address situations and perhaps answer annoying questions without making the person asking them feel patronized and put down. Just because one thinks they know the reasoning behind the question does not mean they actually do, and it is not their job to judge.

Add to that the limited (And often malfunctioning entertainment) the fact that they don't offer "wake me for food" options and therefore bypass a lot of people who happen to be asleep when they trundle past, and that they sandwich customers in like sardines? Give me ANY other airline ANY time.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Harliquinne S
Reviewed 24 February 2018

The layout and comfort are what expected, however, the service wasn't really. The incoming plane wasn't delayed, but still the crew didn't seem to have been able to turn the plane around in time. I found the used blanket of the previous passenger crumbled on my foot rest. Upon alerting a flight attendant, her only comment was "If you pass it to me, I will take it away!" Great. Of course no apology. When another crew member came to take the lunch order, he mentioned "Everything but chicken!" They run out before we even took off?! The most annoying bit was after my miles got credited on Miles and More, only the booked Economy miles were on the statement, not the Business Class ones. The paid upgrade price was twice what I have paid for the original ticket. I have learned from this and will use KLM again, despite the need to connect in AMS.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Terriible - Air Canada carries an attitude with it. It is a business and they keep it as such. There is no concern for the customers and there certainly is nothing but minimum of anything.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 24 February 2018

The seats are to close together. They take. Off and landing were good. However the put my walker on the luggage chute instead of with the oversized luggage and broke the back rest