“Below expectations ”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I am frequent flyer, means tried many different airlines in past.
Booked premium economy to Toronto, as my departure was in the morning and I did not need to sleep.
Taking back in the evening I decided to upgrade and found out it was not worse money. Seat and bad was extremely narrow. I am normal size, h180 cm and 75 kg, but could absolutely not move and turn around.
Food very average.
Having my business ticketI went to business lounge, but could not enter, as I was not “normal” business passenger.
First I took it as a bad joke, but it was very, very serious.

Many airlines make very complicated rules and at the end they loos customers.
Never Air Canada again.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (12,861)

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Flight was pretty uneventful but what I can say is that it was on time, so that was pretty good. For such a huge I was impressed with how they moved the traffic. 49 rows with 6 seats across...pretty good! You can't stop the pushy people who are determined to get on the flight first, though...

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

The quality of the meals were terrible and ridiculously tiny. Also I am convinced the call attendant button links to nothing! As no one came on numerous occasions when I pressed it. On the way home I got served a meal that was still completely frozen, it took me an hour to get it replaced because no one was answering the call button!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 21 February 2018

My wife and I flew the direct Montreal-Shanghai AC017 flight in January and returned on the same flight, AC018, mid-February. Both flights left on time and arrived early. The service, food and drinks were good, as expected. The entertainment system had lots of current-run movies to help make the 13 to 14 hour flight go by quickly.
I was surprised to see that the flight was not full. I am used to Air Canada flights between Canada and China being quite full. On one hand it was nice to have an empty seat beside me, but I also want this service to sell enough seats to keep it on the schedule.
The 787's are great too. Good flight!

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 February 2018

AC 295 is an Air Canada flight from Winnipeg to Vancouver, scheduled to leave at 6:50 a.m. My flight was leg 2 of a trip from Thunder Bay to Comox that started even earlier in the early morning. It takes a little over three hours.

The plane was an Airbus 320. This plane is quiet. The legroom is not generous although not uncomfortable.

Boarding was efficient. The flight attendant crew also seemed efficient and organized throughout. We took off a few minutes after 7 a.m., after making a stop for de-icing; it was about -14 C in Winnipeg that morning.

There was a small amount of turbulence as we approached the Rocky Mountains but the flight was otherwise uneventful.

We arrived just about on time or perhaps even a few minutes earlier.

Air travel is always best when it is uneventful, and this flight fit the bill. I was glad to not have any issues on my two-connection flight with two changes of planes, so chalk this one up as a satisfactory day of flying.