“worst flying experience in quite a while!”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The line to check in was literally (LITERALLY) 3.5 hours. Luckily, the flight was delayed, so I didn't miss it (though no one knew that while in line, because there were no announcements and you couldn't see any signs to indicate it). They combined 2 flights into the same line, so after the 3.5 hours, the people waiting for the earlier flight (to toronto) were going to miss their flight, so the ONE airline person they had looking at the line, rudely grabbed them from the back of the line and shoved them in front. Obviously, this upset those of us who had finally made our way to the front. The family in front of me started yelling at them. When I finally got to the counter, the woman wasn't just rude, she was downright ferocious and didn't extend even a modicum of courtesy (I was one of the patient people too! I hadn't said a thing!). She grunted at me until I figured out she wanted my suitcase oriented differently on the belt, and then shoved my boarding passes at me without speaking or even looking up. It was if they had never checked in an airline full of people before! Perhaps some training is in order! The flight was fine; the food was bad even by airline standards (but not as bad as say, united), and I made my connection in Vancouver. I know that their employees are miserable and perhaps overworked, but that's not the customer's fault; they should be either trained to hide their misery (like on american airlines), or even better, paid/treated better so they don't go out of their way to make the customers unhappy too. Flying has become less and less pleasant over the years; there's no need to make it worse by being jerks.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Review collected in partnership with Sky-tours
Write a ReviewReviews (14,765)

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Delays on top of delays without any communication with travellers plus no idea where my luggage were upon arrival in Toronto - not very organized for such a basic flight.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Made it to Toronto OK from Ottawa. When I got to Toronto all flights in to London we either cancelled or in the process of being cancelled...reasons unknown. Air Canada offered to bus or train me to London but to save time, I chose personal transportation which my company ended up paying for. Not a great experience. It would have been nice to know what caused all the delays in the first place.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I think if possible there was actually less leg room that any of the American airlines. There was a screen on the flight that you could watch a movie and the movies were longer than the flight.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

The flight was ok but I wish they would supply food and movies like they used to. My flight was four hours. The selection of in flight entertainment was limited. Flight attendants are never seen. I remember when they would come around and be available in case you needed something. I ordered food and they ran out of what I wanted. If they are charging for food, they should make sure they have enough.