“Pretty Good”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Premium economy makes the long flight easier. The inflight service was good. The food was also pretty good. More leg room more comfortable flight.

Date of travel: November 2017
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,328)

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Just a note of caution: we purchased premium seats because my husband has to have an aisle. When we checked in, I didn't check our seats because I'd never had the following experience before. When we boarded the plane, we discovered that we had been reassigned to a middle and a window seat. This was a big problem, as my husband has hip issues and is supposed to get up and move around every half hour. That's one reason why we spent the additional $51@ for the "preferred seating." After having had the experience, I was more cautious, and good thing, because when we booked in on our flight from Toronto to Edmonton AC 175, the same thing happened again. So -- just because you pay premium fare for a premium seat -- don't assume you'll get what you asked for with Air Canada!

Date of travel: December 2017
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Don’t know what all the hoopla is for the 787.
Every time the guy behind me moved I got his knee in my back... ‘stuff ‘em in... seats still cramped, toilet size worse than a phone box, food - even though a long flight I should have brought some Timmies. AC continues to disappoint... AC touts ‘improved passenger experience’ ..say what? Problem nowadays pax get treated like crap by all these large airlines...

Date of travel: October 2017
2  Thank im44
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I almost drove to Quebec I was so worried after reading reviews not just on TA but on other airline sites. I was afraid to check a bag. I was afraid we'd be cancelled. BUT, I ended up checking a bag, rolling the dice and having an essentially uneventful pleasant airline experience. We took off on time. There were no real issues. Everyone was pleasant and smiling. We were delayed coming home from Quebec but only for an hour or so and allowed us a little bar time to relax prior to departure. Be very careful with tight connections in Montreal. It is a very big airport with horrible signage if you are heading back to the states. Easy to miss the turn into customs. Anyway- regarding Air Canada in/out of Boston, don't believe all that your read. Our experience was great and I would do it again.

Date of travel: December 2017
1  Thank GettinBye
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Great to have a daily flight to New York direct from Brisbane that is less than 20 hours there and 23 hrs back.(Qantas don't do daily)
Check-in not possible on App but easy and quick at the airport. Then used Air New Zealand lounge prior to boarding that started 45 minutes prior to take-off.
The Business class seat is ok: reasonable amount of space and cubby holes; seat had air inflation to vary from soft to hard but it didn't amount to much. Sleeping was ok but the seat was lumpy - not the best seat but ok. The IFE was very good - the best compared to other airlines actually: big clear touchscreen that was very responsive; good flight maps; good selection of films and TV. Food was passable (dire on one section) and the cabin crew were variable: some sectors good but EWR > YVR was appalling - rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. The YVR >BNE section crew were good and constantly coming round with water or drink refills.
Passing through Vancouver was easy (and so much better than going BNE>LAX>NYC) - long walk but good directions and well staffed with easy clearance of US immigration at Vancouver. That meant arriving at Newark (EWR) was as a domestic flight: you just walk off the plane, along the corridors and out of the airport, all within about 10-15 minutes. (Newark to Manhattan is easy and possibly easier than JFK to Manhattan)
Newark Airport on the way home was tatty but security was fast.
Would I use Air Canada again? Well, they were significantly cheaper than Qantas or Virgin Australia (both of which go via LAX) and Vancouver transfer was very smooth (not the queues of LAX) so yes, for these reasons. I would say that the flights were good value for money and served their purpose without any flare or fancy bits.
The Vancouver International lounge was extremely good and great food. (You get to use this only on the way home).
(The Air Canada lounge at Newark was worse than a railway station buffet and too small to cater for all the flights using it - boy was it bad)

Date of travel: November 2017