“Incompetent AND Unpleasant”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Long story-but got bumped involuntarily to standby despite having already reserved seat assignments through Travelocity and despite having already checked on our bags.
Laughably the seat assigned on a later flight in fact had no cushion on the assigned seat-just a metal frame-removed for cleaning but not replaced. We had to complain and wait and only got a real seat type of seat because someone didn't make the flight.
Comical and unpleasant incompetence

3  Thank davidrsc0tt
Write a ReviewReviews (10,869)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Broke my bag on flight to. Went to claim center they said they would take care of it when I got home. Went to my return flight and theybsaid bag was too damaged to use. They offered me no solution but to buy a new suitcase or leave my items behind. I called call center and they told me to bring it or send my bag 7000 kms away at my cost. I am horrified and so sad I was forced to biy a new bag or leave all my souvenirs behind.
Also learned today that air Canada is not candian at all. They are based out of india. I couldn't get anyone on the phone that could speak English or understand me. Never ever again will I fly with aircanada

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
3  Thank NataleeDarrickBouman
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The plane Air Canada uses on this flight has more leg room than any economy seat I've flown, and I've flown quite a few. The crew was very attentive. Also in Vancouver, I was ushered into the express customs line because I use a cane. The AC crew also helped me load my suitcase onto the conveyer, without being asked.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We flew air canada rouge....absolutely no leg room and the most uncomfortable seats ever...My knees were right against the seat ahead of me,so much so ,that I was asked to quit moving !! The.food served was mediocre.The flight crew were doing a good job and the actual flight was well done. On our return flight we were delayed with our connecting flights for over 2 hours and so were at least 4 other flights...one of the reasons was they had no staff!! Saw a couple of travelers who totally missed their connecting flights due to this and the counter person was absolutely uncaring...

4  Thank lynn452
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Very efficient service and appreciated upgrade to premium economy after long flight prior. New and clean aircraft gives you confidence.