“Toronto Canada - Rhochester NY”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 18 June 2017

This A/C flight is operated by Air Georgian. The plane is a turbo prop that is considerably less noisy than others I have been on. It looks very new and seats only 18 people. Single seats therefore not much room for carry on luggage so best to leave for them to check as you board. It is retrieved quickly on arrival. Just a pilot & co-pilot on board. Nice guys. No milk or cookies as a very short flight. Actually you don't even get pretzels for a 4+ hour flight anymore so my rating is not for all A/C flights but confined to this post. My only complaint is that the lighting is poor so no point in bringing a book to read. A heads up for those traveling Rochester to T.O. - there is no duty free at the airport

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,580)

Reviewed 18 June 2017

This was my fourth bad experience with Air Canada over the past twelve months. This time it began with a nasty, rude, officious lady at check-in in Toronto. My adult son was traveling with us. She immediately took on a cocky attitude with him. Then the flight was in a new but the mostly plain plane-jane aircraft I've seen since the Soviet Union.

This was a flight to a Latin country. The safety announcements were in English and French with a few exceptions in Spanish for food and drink. When we encountered turbulence, the usual "please remain seated and buckle your seat belts" safety announcement was only in English and French. (I guess they don't give a damn if latino passengers hit the ceiling)

On our return flight we were stuck on the runway in Toronto waiting for a gate. (I know...that wasn't Air Canada's fault) but when an elderly lady begged to go to the bathroom while we all waited, she was berated by another officious employee...a flight attendant who threatened her that if she unbuckled her seat belt and got up to go to the bathroom, the aircraft could not move while she was in the bathroom. Big deal! The plane could not move anyway.

There was one bright ray of sunshine. The check-in people at the Air Canada desk IN Colombia were superb....helpful, smiling and accommodating. Air Canada needs to send their Canadian employees to Colombia to learn about customer service.
Okay, I'm biased. For years, I have despised Air Canada and their arrogant sense of entitlement as "Canada's National Airline." There was a time, like Bell Canada, when Air Canada was a virtual monolopy. Well, they do not own the skies anymore but still act as though they are still king of Canada while attempting to bully smaller better carriers out of the market. In 2017 and we are smarter and much better informed these days. We know that there are far better alternatives.

It's time for CEO/President Calin Rovinescu ( a former banker) and his band of cronies to retire. The Board of Directors need to hand Air Canada over to younger smarter executives, or simply go out of business.
My advice...if you can, avoid Air Canada, unless you enjoy being verbally abused.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I fly to Canada at the very minimum 4 times a year. I've flown Air Canada every single time. But this time was the last time. On EVERY trip, (about 30-35 the last 4 years) i've never been able to leave Toronto on a scheduled flight. Theres ALWAYS a delay, cancellation, or change of some kind. The latest:

Flight was scheduled to leave from Toronto to Boston on a Saturday at 4:15pm there were 3 delays before finally cancelling the flight (no the first time one of my trips back home was cancelled by them) At which point there was no room available on the next flights. The reason for cancellation, weaher. ITS WAS 72 degrees in Boston and cloudy. 76 in Toronto and cloudy. They rebooked me for a 6:45am departure the following day. Booked a hotel (not refunded by Air Canada since they blamed their cancellation on weather) got up at 3am and was back at Pearson at 4:30. Arrived at gate and we were immediately told that the plane was changed and we would be flying an airbus 319. We loaded the plane and buckled and waited. 20 minutes in we are told we have to switch planes as Boston does not allow "containers".
Not sure what that means but shouldnt you have known that before boarding the plane?!?!?

Every one off and now we were delayed yet again by one hour scheduled to leave at 7:45. We were then delayed till 8:00, then delayed again till 8:15. In case you lost count thats 7 CHANGES FOR ONE SHORT FLIGHT!!!!!!!

This has literally happened every single time i fly Air Canada. Flying into Canada is never a problem but flying OUT has been a different story. Through it all my experience with staff has been super friendly and easy to deal with but the airline's execution has a whole is absolutely terrible and unprofessional.

Trying out American or West Jet going forward.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

LA to London via Toronto in coach. Never again.

No cimplimentary meal service on first leg. Unacceptable as the flight ended up being in excess of four hours. Late arrival, no apology from crew.

Meal and snack inedible on second leg. Lackluster crew. But at least we arrived on time.

Perhaps the only positive thing to say is that there was a decent IFE selection including a selection of LGBTQ movies to mark Pride month.

Will avoid this airline in future.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

well had to ensure i had leg room have bad knees and they get stiff arthritis during flight or long sits
second got food poisoning on flight over spent first day in toilet