“Could have been better”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew using our Delta miles from Mexico City to Seattle. Of note, if you check-in for your flight early, the gate assignment is unknown until an hour or so before departure. The gate agent will tell you to go to gate 'K', which doesn't exist. It's just the general area for where international flights depart at Benito Juarez airport. The Saturday afternoon flight itself was probably half-full and our seats near the back of the plane meant we had an entire row to ourselves, which was great, especially because the seat-back entertainment did not work on half of the seats in our aisle. Before we even reached cruising altitude, the flight attendants delivered meals and drinks. I wanted a glass of wine, would have even been willing to pay for it, but the flight attendant said wine was only available in first class. What? I could have tequila, vodka or beer but no wine. Very odd. The drink cart came down again about 30 minutes after meals were delivered and that was it for the remainder of our 5.5 hour flight. Would have loved some coffee but all that was offered was water for the last 3 hours of the flight. Very disappointing. Also, you have to pay for a first checked bag. Typically, in our experience, your first bag is free on an international flight. Therefore, we can only rate our flight as average.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,215)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

changing my name cost me $150, I bought the ticket from Tijuana to Honduras thinking I was going to be able to save money but instead I end up paying more, When I purchased my ticket online which it was bought in Seattle where I live, everything was in order, but when I arrived to Los Angeles I received an email saying I had a flight reassignment, so I called Aeromexico, they took my information over the phone, when I arrived in Tijuana they told me I had to pay $150 more because at the time they took my information over the phone my name was not complete, therefore they were going to do this extra charge, I travel quite often to Honduras, have had used this airline in the past even when I had to wait for more than 10 hours in DF I didnt care because I was saving some cash, I will not use this airline again, I rather pay my flight from Seattle and not have to deal with future expenses not included in my budget.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have flown on many airlines all over the world and Aeromexico is under rated. The service is good. You get a hot meal in economy and free bar service if you like tequila. ( that’s the only liquor they serve)
We like it because as Canadians we can travel from Guadalajara to Mexico City and then connect to a non stop to either Toronto or Vancouver. May be a little more expensive but we think it’s worth it. Just be careful with the website, we thought we had paid for 2 bags on the return but they insisted we only paid for one. All in all, very enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We knew we would have a long flight and decided to pay for seats at the bulkhead together. They were quite comfortable (although nothing is comfortable after 10 hours...). Staff is nice and helpful and the service good. Would recommend to fly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Basically the airline scams you in every way possible just short of not screwing you enough to be worth suing them. Their "terms and conditions" are so vague that when they say you can get a refund with a fee, that means no refund under certain circumstances that aren't outlined anywhere. When they say you can make a change to your ticket, you will get told 4 different fees by 4 different people whenever you call, from $200 up, even if they initially told you a change was only $25. I am more than disgusted with this airline and their scamming business practices. Terrible service, terrible business. I simply can't use the ticket and will purchase from another airline.

1  Thank MzClaudia