“Worst flight ever. And I do a lot!!”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Airlines should not be allowed to put these planes on a five and a half hour flight. -- I have never been on such a cramped flight. You couldn't move,so hot and stuffyAlmost passed out so had to go to back of plane. One stewardess was so helpful,gave me water,was concerned-- Another told me it was her break!!!That made me feel good. Only way I would ever travel on a Thomas Cook plane is to book the extra leg room seats. We couldn't even get two Isle seats. Security at Hurgarda airport was excellent. 4 security checksAll very well done. Hand baggage searched before entry to plane. Important to go to gate early to go through this last check. Was quite tiring-- some people moaning but has to be done.

1  Thank mullenanne
Write a ReviewReviews (6,045)

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I wrote a review last week after flying out to Tobago in which I mention that I had booked two returning seats with extra legroom that cost me an extra £70.
When we got on the plane we were given two seats as part of a row of 4 in the mid section (seats in Row20).
We booked two seats in Row 41 which were on their own and had 3xtra legroom.
I brought this to the attention of the stewardess as we boarded.
They asked us to take our seats in row 20 while they sorted it out.
They had no record of our booking using some lame excuse that they had switched planes at the last minute.
They advised us the plane was fully booked and had no alternative seats to offer us (How about the seats we booked??)
We spent the next 9 hours cramped, unable to sleep, screaming child 4 rows in front and crying baby 6 rows behind.
My wife’s tv console only worked on one ear piece unless she held the plug in with her hand!
I did not accept the apology of the stewardess for their error, but was not unpleasant to her in any way.
She was not very nice after this, snatching meal boxes off me and not was not pleasant to us.
They also said they couldn’t serve hot drinks to us due to turbul3nts, which we completely understood until I went up to the toilet and while queing, noticed the economy premium passengers were all being served tea and coffee!!
We had one hot drink in 9 hours of flying - Disgusting
Definitely one of the most unpleasant flights I have ever had this fortune to be on.
I am writing to the Airline to ask for my money back.
I will report how I got on.
My intention at this moment is to actively seek flights to my destinations nations by alternative airlines whatever the difference in cost and would advise others to do the same

1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 12 December 2017

paid for the thomas cook priority package of bags on last off first-fast track security- priority bag drop off. waited almost 1 hour to check in. staff short on helpfulness and manners, bags off second to last.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Recently flew with TC - 4 friends to Lanzarote.
In comparison to Jet2 leg room is very restricted - I'm 5 9 and found it quite tight - the men at over 6ft were very cramped.
Service going out was good - however cabin crew took a 45 minute break when no service available and front toilets were taken out of use during that time. Never experienced this on a flight of less than 4 hours and many passengers were irritated.
Coming home there was significant turbulence and pilot handled this very well.
Would probably not use the airline again unless had to purely because of the lack of leg room.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Overall I was very satisfied with everything on the flight. The plane was spacious and I really like the idea of the toilets being downstairs as opposed to everyone queuing in front of passengers etc. The food was acceptable, you are never going to get gourmet cuisine, so overall it was ok for airline food. My only gripe is that we pre paid our seats and we couldn’t sit in the seats that were allocated to us. There were several people in the same boat, we can only think it was at the check in desk in cancun that somehow messed it all up. When we enquired we were told to email Thomas cook which I am going to do and hopefully get our money refunded.