“BHD /Frank”
Review of Gulf Air

Reviewed 7 January 2021

I was traveling from Bahrain to Frankford and the fly attendant (Godard , Paulina Alicja)didn’t welcome me really nice by making comments and being rude and laughing not in a nice way ...
I asked for a bottle of water ...and she say to her colleagues “. Are we here in a restaurant “ ... and she keep having this rude attitude because they thought , Iam a new crew of “Gulf Air “...
When i think traveling with you it supposed to be a nice and welcoming to the costumer not making fun of them is disrespectful

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank wilkietr
Write a reviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 4 January 2021

Flew to Bahrain and back to London 10 days later with no problems at all.
Read some bad reviews but couldn't fault the whole experience.
Lovely aircraft the dreamliner.
Only minor thing I thought was inflight entertainment could have been better.
Overall very happy.

Date of travel: January 2021
Reviewed 4 January 2021

If you're considering a stopover/layover flight in Bahrain, do not come up your waiting time is longer than 1h. Also be cautious if you're a black solo traveller, the staff might give you a rude attitude. I had to stay for 9hours, I'm currently only 2hours into my 9h wait for my flight to London and I honestly regret it. This type of airport is not suitable for any stay longer than 1h. Internet is only 45mins(if it works). Facilities are poor, there aren't sockets for you to charge your device, it is like finding good.
There was zero social distancing being practiced, I also noticed multiple members of staff not wearing their mask properly, there is not point having a mask if you’re using it to cover your chin. Many passengers were not wearing masks either and no one was asking to put it on. No temperature scanning. Just stickers on chairs. I recommend wearing more than one mask.
I have also had to endure a stench of faeces from what I think is a broken toilet facility for 3 hours before it was dealt with, and had to deal with the staff at duty free shouting out loud every 5mins "It smells like poo!". Every 5 minutes, if even staff is shouting about the disgusting smell, how do you think your customers feel?
I honestly feel distressed, I had a good holiday in Dubai, but this stopover in this airport has ruined my trip. You would think you came here for free, but no you pay your hard earned money to feel like you're stranded in a place that has been neglected for years. I strongly advise against coming to this airport, unless you are coming for one hour max. I also strongly advise against speaking to the staff if you're black, they will treat you like your presence disgusts them. It's worse if you're a solo traveller, I ended up crying out of the frustration and regret of being here(and of course staff walked past like I was invisible, they're already treating you like you're a nuisance for even asking for information). These people will treat you like they hate you. It's not a new thing when you're black, but it's worse when you're alone with no internet so you can't even connect with your loved ones for support.
God help me as I have to still wait 7more hours with a smell of faeces, no internet (If here for more than 45minutes) and staff that will look at you like you are disgusting to them. I have decided to save myself peace of mind and never travel with Gulf Air again. This bad treatment and experience is not work the cheap flight ticket. Choose Emirates or BA or any other reputable airline if travelling to Dubai, with the extra money spent you will at least be treated like a respected paying customer.
I also tried to go to a hotel but I was told I cannot leave the airport, I was willing to waste money on a hotel because of how terrible this place is, and they refused. If I could give this place 0 stars, I would.
Avoid this airline at all costs, but if you must please let it be only for 1-2hours max.

Reviewed 23 December 2020

I arrived to Dubai via Heathrow with a transit in Bahrain and upon arrival my baggage did not arrive with me. It’s been 24 hours now and I’m without my belongings. The customer service team are doing nothing to update me or give me any indication as to where my baggage is or a timeline as to when I can expect it. I keep getting passed onto Dubai lost and found and the also keep passing me onto Gulf Air like some sort of badminton game. This applying behaviour has left me feeling exhausted and disappointments is an understatement. I keep getting told it will take up to 5 days and that’s really the enteritis of my vacation. Please think twice before booking with Gulf Air, I know this will be my last time!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 22 December 2020

My flight cancelled from them and from 19 April they do not refund my money and also always they find excuse I hate this company they do not have any loyalty with customers I had other tickets with turkish airlines and qatar airways and I got my money after one month not like gulfair thieves

Date of travel: April 2020