“Comfortable and I could sleep !!!”
Review of Gulf Air

Reviewed 28 December 2018

Season's greetings to everyone and to all staff@Trip.
I flew business on GF65 --18th Dec--MUM to BAH--Dep 18:40 Arr 19:50. Seat 3F. After a miserable economy experience with Gulf air ( sector BAH-MAA ) , I decided to upgrade from Mumbai. I was hesitant at first but the upgrade was at an affordable price . i was offered to buy the seat for £200 extra. I said yes. Paid up . Went to GVK lounge for business pax. After a meal and a drink there , I headed to gate 48 where the plane was ready. I boarded last as I liked to stand for a bit. After all it was a sitting journey for 3.75 hours.
The plane was an A320 NEO in good condition. The seat 3F was clean , big and most important ...had a good soft cushion. My adjoining seat was empty. It was not lie flat or even ..lie tangent ! There is only a good recline but the seat was very comfortable. Ample leg room and good AVOD on a working screen. The cabin temperature was perfect. The stewards were good. There was one male and a female. Both were arabic. But spoke good english . I requested for a rum ..after takeoff and was promptly given the same. I had warm toasted mixed nuts . My tummy was full from Mumbai GVK Lounge so I politely declined a meal onboard . I managed to sleep for 3 hours. Thats 3 full hours on a recline seat. When I woke up....I had 2 arabic coffees and they were good. The flight landed on time and I was through immigration ..fast tracked in no time.
To summarise....the journey was super. There is a big big difference in terms of comfort / services / facilities etc between Economy & Business. And thats what I paid for . Pics attached.
Last minute affordable business class upgrade is not a bad option for long haul journeys .

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Well if you read my first review you will know I like gulf air.two very pleasant hours in the lounge at Bahrain time to boarding on the second leg of our journey to Bangkok.the airport at Bahrain is quite small and that's a good thing, no changing terminals just out of the lounge on the escalator walk ten meters to the gate, I know it sounds bad but business class is great,as we walk to the gate the are maybe 100 people in the line to board.one or the boarding staff spots the tags on our hand luggag and says "business class this way" straight to the front and boarded in less than 2 minutes.
Well the wife says that's a nice touch as the champagne is served.
The food on the flight was excellent th wines that accompanied it first class.
My wife was tired and put the seat into flat bed position and slept for most of the flight,
Unfortunately I don't sleep well on plains (even this one) so watched a couple of films that I had not seen before and drank a couple of very nice whiskeys.
The time just flew and before I new it breakfast was served.
We walked of the flight in good spirits and ready for the last leg to the hotel.
As we disembarked from the plane we were handed priority passes for emigration so in a few minutes we got to the carousel just as the luggage was coming off ,it was perfect all the baggage was marked priority and ours wear nearly the first off.
Well what can I say the whole journey was totally painless and as close to a pleasure as international air travel can be.
We are enjoying our holiday with no trepidation about the journey home.
We booked are flights through a booking agent so it was not nearly as expensive as you would think,I can't recommend it enough.

1  Thank Eugene C
Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

The flight was ok, all standard... but the food was really bad! I took the chicken with potatoes... the chicken smelt really bad and tasted not good at all, it was disgusting... I spoke to the cabin crew and she apologised and promised to report it...
It was horrible experience resulted in making me sick all way to destination.
Overall it was bad experience!

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Season's greetings everyone and to all staff @ Trip.
I flew this airline from Bahrain to Chennai . GF 052. Airbus A321-200. Dep 13:35 hrs Arr 20:40 hrs. Economy seat 16C. The flight was FULL and the seats cramped. I am not surprised. It was a 3+ hour journey and seat comfort was not adequate. The legroom was just adequate. I don't know what's with the seat ! I fly to India twice a year via middle east but this was the worst seat cushion I have ever sat on. The passengers are allowed only one piece of cabin baggage. Guess what ...Almost every adult on board came up with one trolley + One big ruck sack + 1 or 2 bags full of duty free. So the overhead cabin was filled up by a single person or two ! I was seated in economy 16C. The cabin stewards were watching all this and I raised this issue of overhead cabinets for luggage. One of them said he cannot stop it. It happens on every GF flight from Bahrain to India !
There was only one main meal and it was served 3.5 hrs after take off. Also no drinking water provided till then. I luckily always carry plenty of water on me for any journey and I also had a good meal at Dilmun Lounge at Bah Int'l , before this journey. The food served was tasteless anyway so I hardly touched it. The coffee was even worse. I still had two return legs to travel on the same airline ! Really bad. Pics attached.

Reviewed 26 December 2018

To my bad luck, booked a Gulf Air flight Istanbul-Dubai. The flight was delayed by 1hr20mins, however to my surprise they werent accepting the luggage at the checkin counter. Wanted us to wait until 2 hours of take off time. I had to visit the airport counter of the flight management who finally agreed to accept the luggage.
Due to this delay, missed my connecting flight (Bahrain to Dubai), and had to wait for another 2hr30mins at airport.
Have written to the airline to confirm the delay so that I could claim my travel insurance...been 12 days and 3 reminders...no response.

I am never going on this flight ever again.