“Bad food”
Review of Gulf Air

Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

The flight was ok, all standard... but the food was really bad! I took the chicken with potatoes... the chicken smelt really bad and tasted not good at all, it was disgusting... I spoke to the cabin crew and she apologised and promised to report it...
It was horrible experience resulted in making me sick all way to destination.
Overall it was bad experience!

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Season's greetings everyone and to all staff @ Trip.
I flew this airline from Bahrain to Chennai . GF 052. Airbus A321-200. Dep 13:35 hrs Arr 20:40 hrs. Economy seat 16C. The flight was FULL and the seats cramped. I am not surprised. It was a 3+ hour journey and seat comfort was not adequate. The legroom was just adequate. I don't know what's with the seat ! I fly to India twice a year via middle east but this was the worst seat cushion I have ever sat on. The passengers are allowed only one piece of cabin baggage. Guess what ...Almost every adult on board came up with one trolley + One big ruck sack + 1 or 2 bags full of duty free. So the overhead cabin was filled up by a single person or two ! I was seated in economy 16C. The cabin stewards were watching all this and I raised this issue of overhead cabinets for luggage. One of them said he cannot stop it. It happens on every GF flight from Bahrain to India !
There was only one main meal and it was served 3.5 hrs after take off. Also no drinking water provided till then. I luckily always carry plenty of water on me for any journey and I also had a good meal at Dilmun Lounge at Bah Int'l , before this journey. The food served was tasteless anyway so I hardly touched it. The coffee was even worse. I still had two return legs to travel on the same airline ! Really bad. Pics attached.

Reviewed 26 December 2018

To my bad luck, booked a Gulf Air flight Istanbul-Dubai. The flight was delayed by 1hr20mins, however to my surprise they werent accepting the luggage at the checkin counter. Wanted us to wait until 2 hours of take off time. I had to visit the airport counter of the flight management who finally agreed to accept the luggage.
Due to this delay, missed my connecting flight (Bahrain to Dubai), and had to wait for another 2hr30mins at airport.
Have written to the airline to confirm the delay so that I could claim my travel insurance...been 12 days and 3 reminders...no response.

I am never going on this flight ever again.

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Merry Xmas everyone and to all staff @ Trip.
I flew Gulf Air , once again, for my recent trip to India & Bahrain. The plane was a relatively new B787-9 Dreamliner. I was seated in 46G , economy . The actual schedule was 21:50 hrs Dep and Arr at 07:20 hrs. The check in at LHR was uneventful and smooth. The plane arrived late , so late departure ( 22:45 hrs). I found the seat size ok but not comfy for a 6.5 hr flight. I had to get up every 40 mins to stretch. Cabin crew were non-engaging and kept to themselves. Most were from EU and the hostess who served me was from Belarus. The AVOD system was HD Touch screen. Very easy to use. I had pre-booked a meal online so that was served before anyone else got theirs . I didn't dare open it as everyone was looking at me ! The meal was served 1.5 hrs after take off. During the course of this journey, the cabin temperature was very uncomfortable....probably around 27 degrees. Because one passenger complained that it was cold. I got up twice from my seat to talk to the stewards about this. At one point , I began to sweat !! On top ....I had an inconsiderate co-passenger who was quite large...and leaned across onto me...hands, legs and all. I had to wake me him up twice to put him back to his seat. There was no crying kid in my cabin....but this chap was something else. The flight was full otherwise I would have sat somewhere else. One stale snack was served an hour before landing. We landed 20 mins early ( 07:10 hrs) because of strong tail wind. The journey was tiring, not a wink of sleep on this night flight. Cabin service 5/10. The loo's were in good condition. I would like to post this review as "poor", but I have given this rating as "average" for two reasons--HD AVOD screen and early arrival at Bahrain. Pics attached. I will not fly Gulf Air in the near future !!

Reviewed 25 December 2018 via mobile

My cat was in cargo from Bahrain to Ethiopia. They lost her in Ethiopia. More than a week ago. Still no news.

3  Thank Experience610523
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.