“Average once again !!!! Thats in Economy !!”
Review of Gulf Air

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Merry Xmas everyone and to all staff @ Trip.
I flew Gulf Air , once again, for my recent trip to India & Bahrain. The plane was a relatively new B787-9 Dreamliner. I was seated in 46G , economy . The actual schedule was 21:50 hrs Dep and Arr at 07:20 hrs. The check in at LHR was uneventful and smooth. The plane arrived late , so late departure ( 22:45 hrs). I found the seat size ok but not comfy for a 6.5 hr flight. I had to get up every 40 mins to stretch. Cabin crew were non-engaging and kept to themselves. Most were from EU and the hostess who served me was from Belarus. The AVOD system was HD Touch screen. Very easy to use. I had pre-booked a meal online so that was served before anyone else got theirs . I didn't dare open it as everyone was looking at me ! The meal was served 1.5 hrs after take off. During the course of this journey, the cabin temperature was very uncomfortable....probably around 27 degrees. Because one passenger complained that it was cold. I got up twice from my seat to talk to the stewards about this. At one point , I began to sweat !! On top ....I had an inconsiderate co-passenger who was quite large...and leaned across onto me...hands, legs and all. I had to wake me him up twice to put him back to his seat. There was no crying kid in my cabin....but this chap was something else. The flight was full otherwise I would have sat somewhere else. One stale snack was served an hour before landing. We landed 20 mins early ( 07:10 hrs) because of strong tail wind. The journey was tiring, not a wink of sleep on this night flight. Cabin service 5/10. The loo's were in good condition. I would like to post this review as "poor", but I have given this rating as "average" for two reasons--HD AVOD screen and early arrival at Bahrain. Pics attached. I will not fly Gulf Air in the near future !!

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed 25 December 2018 via mobile

My cat was in cargo from Bahrain to Ethiopia. They lost her in Ethiopia. More than a week ago. Still no news.

3  Thank Experience610523
Reviewed 21 December 2018

I flight from Istanbul to New Delhi and return with a connecting from Bahrein. Except the plane from Bahrein to Istanbul, the other was not so clean. The time of this flights were unusually but the cabin crew made a good job by service timing, there were a long time for sleep.

1  Thank aydinu2017
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed with a customer service!
I bought my ticket online and my begged was was not exceed, they ask me to pay 100$ coz I have 3 pieces bagged however I ask the customer service to remove the extra payment he said this the new rules, I accept the rule but they should have mention it for those people who's buying ticket online.
Nothing is mentioned about the additional fee if you they'll charge by pieces.
Therefore I'll not recommende gulf for this time.

1  Thank shewit a
Reviewed 21 December 2018

I enjoyed the journey..
1. All facility was provided
2. Food was good
In short this was the first time i travelled with gulf air... the flight was also on time and we dun have to stand in long queue

1  Thank manpreet3289
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.