“Great service”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At last, the toilet seat stayed up.

Good seats, USB chargers and an entertainment system built in. The shortcomings with the entertainment system in my seat included that it was extremely difficult to control the volume using the remote control and the picture was buffering.

The meal choices were adequate, but they ran out of Pinot Grigio in our cabin.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (8,248)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I never write bad reviews but have to on this occasion.
I flew return from Brisbane to LAX and for two flights over 13 hours the food was appalling. I have traveled on most airlines and this carrier was extremely disappointing. The food looked like vomit, I had 'pesto chicken pasta', that looked like slop, an omelet, that look like something from world war II and everything tasted awful. No fresh fruit or salad with the meals. I was so hungry I tried the muffin for breakfast and it was actually soggy and wet?

I asked for a glass of red wine with my meal and they couldn't 'find' any! The host did bring me a glass though after about 20 minutes and the staff are extremely lovely. I cannot fault the flight attendants they are amazing.

If you are flying this airline I highly recommend you eat in the airport lounge before you depart.

Also I am really tall and asked if I could have an exit seat, but they said I only could if I paid additional to my ticket over $200! Then on the flight all the exit seats were empty. The in flight entertainment also leaves a lot to be desired! Virgin Australia is like flying budget domestic rather than International.

My advice to Virgin Australia, take a little look at Emirates, BA or in fact any other International Carrier.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had contact with about 10 Virgin staff both at the airport and on the plane and was taken back at the level of service. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was smiling and polite.Excellent customer service Virgin.Well done.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight crew were awesome, plane was very clean and onboard service was good.

Slight hiccup as our gate was changed after printing our boarding passes that morning at the airport but the departure board at airport didn’t reflect this.

Inflight entertainment and wifi wasn’t working which was frustrating as we had purchased extra due to having been travelling overnight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We left on time, flight crew were very friendly and helpful. Inflight food was of a food standard but not what a teenager would normally choose.

Being an overnight flight it was very cool onboard, the passenger next to me asked if she could have a blanket and was informed a blanket and pillow would cost $10, the passenger agreed to pay this, sometime later the crew member apologised and advised that no blankets were available, really.

When the passenger and I got up to go to the bathroom we noticed a blanket being placed over a sleeping passenger, when we asked about a blanket again we were told this was an emergency blanket for sick passengers.

It’s really hard to believe that NO blankets were on board.