“A great way to fly in Australia”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Due to having flown overseas just recently we had enough points to upgrade. The service was very good, friendly and nice food. Unfortunately the 'Tablet' that we were given to use, did not work. Overall the experience of business class was enjoyable (we have used business class for overseas with Virgin), we feel that in someways it is not worth the money, for at least travel in Australia. As an airline though we do recommend them as with our experience, they are always on time and very friendly and happy.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,113)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were to go from Melbourne to Darwin direct but we were hel up for quite some time in Melbourne sitting on the plane due to unforseen circumstances and when we finally were about to take off we were told that we had to make a stop in Alice Springs to pick up passengers and crew from a plane that had broken down, I thought OMG are you serious we are already very delayed, but what can you do but grin and bare it.
On top of that we were now very hungry and our in flight meal was frozen and inedible. .. I seriously wanted to cry.
The crew tried their best and gave us cheese and crackers which I was very grateful for as it was out of their hands entirely.
We were around 2 hours late into Darwin and I got home around 2.15am NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a global business traveller of 28 years, who has top tier status with many airlines after such a long period of time and millions of dollars spent. Being a platinum member of Virgin Australia and booking my seat, and fully paying in advance, seat selection is part of the reason I pay the price to fly in business. Arriving at the airport they have moved my seat after sending me an email the day before stating that I am in the seats I booked there and back. After asking them to rectify it they start the usual excuses including “we moved you to accommodate a family”. I’m on the plane of 4 business seats and the family are an Asian gentleman and lady who on an hour flight should’ve booked earlier as I did or have no problem for an hour sitting in different seats without disrupting another passenger. Or at the very least ask if I mind moving seat. Terrible treatment. Let’s see if my return seat gets taken too on Sunday. Will use up my Virgin points ASAP and switch to Qantas. Never had this treatment from Qantas. If you have a choice as a business traveller - don’t fly Virgin Australia. After all that loyalty - second class citizen treatment. #unappreciated

1  Thank PaddyDom
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in a party of 9 travelling to Cairns from Sydney and arrived at the gate soon after the departure boards showed gate open, but apparently according to the horrible woman running the gate were were about to be offloaded from the flight for being too late! There were still 30 minutes before the flight scheduled departure. The flight had boarded early and was still running well ahead of schedule yet she took it upon herself to be the grumpy annoying face for the airline rather than being positive. Really helped to ruin our opinion of Virgin. All service after this was fantastic as we normally receive from this airline. I have been flying Virgin for many years and will continue to do so - just wish annoying people like her would be employed in roles that are not customer facing if they become agitated so easily and then take it out on the people paying to keep them employed! When we walked down the air bridge there was still a queue waiting to board the plane...Our flight left the gate 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time and took off 4 minutes later,.......

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank jeremysowell
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was ment to land at 12 it’s now 12:45 and to add to that, baggage took about 15 minutes to start coming, I have to be late for my job meeting now it’s disgusting how unprofessional this is... I would never fly with this airline again.

1  Thank Madison R