“Great experience from Booking to Landing”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We flew from Darwin to Sydney on a Boeing 737, in early May. The booking process was very straightforward and we chose to select our seats and a row with extra legroom at the time of booking - I think it is cheaper to do this, rather than later. Virgin Australia often have sales, so it is worth signing up for their emails, to hear when the sales are active.Check in at Darwin was quick and painless, I was a bit concerned since we were on a five week stay and flying from Sydney to Singapore so had large suitcases which were slightly over the 23 kilos. The ground staff at Darwin were great - no issues with the cases. Virgin Australia's website is easy to use, they do charge for credit card purchases, which appears to be the norm for Australian businesses !!!
The flight is about 4 hours and was very stress free, we were served a snack and drink. The crew were good, take off and landing were excellent. No in flight entertainment. We both got our Virgin Atlantic Air miles for the flight (depends on the ticket class). I would gladly fly with them again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,110)

Reviewed 3 August 2016

From the moment of check-in to the moment I arrived in Auckland I was in actual purgatory. The check in staff member despite having my round the world ticket in her hand to read decided that barking at me would get her a better result. How that didn't go well for her... She barked at me if I had booked and paid for tickets beyond one country - I repeatedly told her everything was on the ticket that she was holding. In the end i stopped taking and just looked at her. She eventually read the ticket. She refused, initially, to get me wheelchair assistance because it wasn't on the paper ticket. She checked her computer and that changed her mind.

A man came along and pulled at my left arm causing me to fall onto the wheelchair, he started barking at me, asked for forms that I hadn't been given to fill in so he went and got them. By the time I found a pen we were at immigration where the chair pusher, border control guy and security officer all started asking me questions at the same time. I just sat and looked at them and gave them what they needed to know; I hadn't had time to fill the form in so - 1. Do you want to frisk me first? 2. Do you want to see my passport and question where I'm going etc? 3. Do you want me to fill the form in before any of the above takes place.

I was hurriedly pushed to the departure gate when the wheelchair pusher said, "I'll come and get you at...oh!".....Me. "Yes, THREE hours to go before departure." Never saw him again.

In flight 'meal' gave me rampant diarrhoea for days.... Never. Again.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Flying to Melbourne then on to los angeles -tickets said all meals so the 6am flight breakfast was eagerly anticipated. When everyone around us got breakfast we enquired re ours and were told we hadn't paid for it so there was none. Checked our tickets, called the hostess , pointed out nicely that it said all meals and were told in no uncertain terms that we we wrong, meals were only on the long haul flight and there were no meals extra anyway -so in effect -bad luck. Other passengers around us were as acutely embarrassed by the poor attitude this hostess displayed and began offering us food . On the return flight home one month later we got the meal on the Melbourne to wellington flight. Odd. Nasty hostess with very poor attitude on the outbound flight - not a good advertisement for virgin austra

1  Thank 527mechellem

WOW

Virgin Australia service never fails to amaze me, the cabin crew are always happy and and attentive, they seem genuinely interested in the customers, the seats are comfortable and the meals are great.

The entertainment system will keep anyone amused for hours on end (Which is great for those 14hr flights)

The cabin temp is at the perfect level after take off so sleeping is quite enjoyable on this aircraft, the check in procedure again is fantastic and the lounge access is always a joy to be in.

This time round i traveled with my Wife and Child and they attention the crew gave to my child was great, they where always looking out for her and make sure she was comfortable, my child is 9 and is a million mile flyer and is used to aircraft travel, she even comments on how well she was treated.

Well done Virgin Australia.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I am a loyal Virgin Customer I have the loyalty card and all! my most recent flight was very pleasant and they made my 24 hour flight comfortable and enjoyable. I especially liked the personalised welcome boarding the plane (Welcome MR. (insert last name here) call me old fashioned, but its the little things. Also connecting flight shuttle a huge bonus! Thanks Virgin!